HisMajestyTheKing

laser printers

I've used HP almost exclusively for the past 5 years or so and I'm quite happy with their laser printers. However, my company may become a partner of Nashuatec and they carry other brands beside their own products (Nashuatec) and HP. One of their techs told me he like Lexmark a lot, quite a bit more than HP. I don't have a clue but I'm interested in other people's opinions. Just don't tell me about Dell printers - I want a product that is decently supported.

I've used HP almost exclusively for the past 5 years or so and I'm quite happy with their  laser printers.  However, my company may become a partner of Nashuatec and they carry other brands beside their own products (Nashuatec) and HP.  One of their techs told me he like Lexmark a lot, quite a bit more than HP.  I don't have a clue but I'm interested in other people's opinions.  Just don't tell me about Dell printers - I want a product that is decently supported.

215583[/snapback]

Mon chere Roi

Samsung lasers and Lexmark lasers are the same...even the model numbers are similar. Samsung refills are cheaper...Oh yes, and the Samsung printer is one third the price of the equivalent Lexmark in Europe.

fjs

I've used HP almost exclusively for the past 5 years or so and I'm quite happy with their  laser printers.  However, my company may become a partner of Nashuatec and they carry other brands beside their own products (Nashuatec) and HP.  One of their techs told me he like Lexmark a lot, quite a bit more than HP.  I don't have a clue but I'm interested in other people's opinions.  Just don't tell me about Dell printers - I want a product that is decently supported.

215583[/snapback]

Mon cher Roi

Samsung lasers and Lexmark lasers are the same...even the model numbers are similar. Samsung refills are cheaper...Oh yes, and the Samsung printer is one third the price of the equivalent Lexmark in Europe.

fjs

gender corrected

I tend to like the Kyocera Laser printers; good support, (tech manuals can be found on eBay occasionally if you want to get into printer repairs), excellent drivers (incl. Windows 64bit support for all PCL based models), network management is simple, and the cost per page (on toner) is one of the cheapest in the industry, especially in the lower end models, eg FS-1020 and FS-1920.

Never been a fan of Nashuatec, but then again that's probably more to do with the local dealer, rather than the actual products.

As a rank of preferred printers I would go: Kyocera, HP, Xerox, Canon, Epson (only their inkjets) and then others... (Lexmark, Ricoh, Nashuatec, etc).

PS. The company I work for is also a HP reseller, and yet we tend to exclusively sell Kyocera printers, instead of the HP stuff...

Everytime I've looked, Brother has lead the maintenance cost evaluation. Samsung would be my second choice, but I've never actually gone with them.

Well, if you buy an HP LaserJet III off ebay, the only support you really need to worry about is the desk you place it on :-)

Seriously though, my only experience has been with HP.

-Chris

I have a samsung laser, they are fast and good quality, I could not be happier. You can find last years model 1710/1740 for around $100, Ive seen them as low as $60 with rebates. The toner is cheap $.01/pg.

I have run over 10,000 sheets through mine in the last 4 years.