jevermeister

Flash Dell PERC 4e/DC to LSI Megaraid 320-2E?

hi,

i just bought a brand new Dell PERC 4e/DC controller, which is the oem version of a lsi megaraid 320-2e.

my problem is that dell only supports windows server 2003 and there is no driver für windows xp.

i flashed my hp netraid-2m (oem lsi megaraid elite 1600) with the LSI firmware and it worked, but i dont want to risk 700€ if my controller wont work with the lsi firmware. maybe somebody here already did it and could tell me if it works.

thanks

hi,

i just bought a brand new Dell PERC 4e/DC controller, which is the oem version of a lsi megaraid 320-2e.

my problem is that dell only supports windows server 2003 and  there is no driver für windows xp.

i flashed my hp netraid-2m (oem lsi megaraid elite 1600) with the LSI firmware and it worked, but i dont want to risk 700€ if my controller wont work with the lsi firmware. maybe somebody here already did it and could tell me if it works.

thanks

214881[/snapback]

Iy depends pm what version of the perc4e bios you currently have. Some of the early versions would kill them when you flashed.

Just mod the .ini file to include the dell enties so that the LSi XP drivers work,

Flashing to the LSI bios does not change the vendors ID so it still thinks you have a perc not a lsi controller.

If you do not understand PM me as I have a modded .ini file that works for hitting f6 with a driver floppy disk on a XP unstall. If your not booting from it then just force XP to use the LSI driver.

Tex

Hi!

What brand and modell of motherboards do you guys use?

I am looking for a normal Athlon64 X2 motherboard to use with the Perc 4e.

I do not want to buy an opteron. I want the normal desktop board or a workstation substitute board. But no server board.

I need something that has x16 for graphics and also can accomodate x4 or x8 Express for the 320-2E (perc4E)

Any suggestions?

ps. I heard DFI has one, but have'nt seen anyone confirming it.

Aren't Windows 2003 and Windows XP drivers inter-exchangeable, if not the same?

215001[/snapback]

i dont know. i'll try, the card will ship in a few days.

and i'll buy a dfi lanparty ultra. hope it works :/

hi,

my problem is that dell only supports windows server 2003 and  there is no driver für windows xp.

thanks

214881[/snapback]

Iy depends pm what version of the perc4e bios you currently have. Some of the early versions would kill them when you flashed.

Just mod the .ini file to include the dell enties so that the LSi XP drivers work,

Flashing to the LSI bios does not change the vendors ID so it still thinks you have a perc not a lsi controller.

If you do not understand PM me as I have a modded .ini file that works for hitting f6 with a driver floppy disk on a XP unstall. If your not booting from it then just force XP to use the LSI driver.

Tex

214978[/snapback]

HI I have a perc 4 dc installed in a dell box that is running xp..

I would like to install the lsi driver so that I can use the controller.

I'm unclear on which .ini file to mofidy..

I have attempted to edit the oemsetup files to match the dell device ID with no luck..

I'm just jumping in here because I recently picked up a 21320-IS which is Dell's 21320-R. I've heard it's okay to flash it to LSI's BIOS, but if anyone knows different please respond. Also if there's anything I should know about the drivers I'd like to hear about it. Thanks.

Ok, maybe someone can help me figure this out.

I've got several of the 320-2E cards running just fine. Bought a few more off Ebay, and the f-ers sent me the PERC/Dell-branded cards instead of original LSI cards.

I would like to use the MegaRaid client to configure these cards (same as what I use for the other LSI-branded cards), but the software doesn't recognize the Dell-branded cards.

Anyway to make them appear as LSI cards to the app?

I'm running these on Win2k Server.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-jl

hi,

my problem is that dell only supports windows server 2003 and there is no driver für windows xp.

thanks

214881[/snapback]

Tex

Go to the 2CPU.com forums and find a poster by the name Tex.

He is THE source of information on these controllers. You will most probably find your answer in the forums in wich Perc4e/LSI320 are mentioned.

Edit: Oopsy, just noticed he posts here also. Anyway, just take a look over at the 2CPU.com forums for more on the matter.

Enjoy!

Edited by jamesbzx8