Sign in to follow this  
Device Under Test

False Advertising, Consumer Deception And Unfair

False Advertising: The act of advertising facts about a product that are not true. Rockstar Games listed this game as containing graphic depictions of violence, and sexual material.

Consumer Deception: Deceiving the consumer into believing one thing about your product or company when the opposite is true. Basically the same as false advertising, see above.

Unfair Business Practices: What the ESRB is doing to Rockstar.

These so-called 'Hot Coffee' scenes do not exist in the commercial retail version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. There is no way to reproduce the scenes that are making the news based solely on what comes in the box. It requires a 'patch' to be run in order to gain access. This is not as simple as the 'cheat code' to see the 'naked' characters in the Sims 2. (Which are as anatomically correct as a Barbie doll, by the way.) This requires downloading and running a separate program. Which, by the way, most games that have 3d models of people have had mods made that enable much more graphic nudity.

This game was rated 'Mature' for adults. It's what it should be.

These so-called 'Hot Coffee' scenes do not exist in the commercial retail version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.  There is no way to reproduce the scenes that are making the news based solely on what comes in the box.  It requires a 'patch' to be run in order to gain access.  This is not as simple as the 'cheat code' to see the 'naked' characters in the Sims 2.  (Which are as anatomically correct as a Barbie doll, by the way.)  This requires downloading and running a separate program.  Which, by the way, most games that have 3d models of people have had mods made that enable much more graphic nudity.

This game was rated 'Mature' for adults.  It's what it should be.

211832[/snapback]

Actually this is a 'old' newstory that keeps making the rounds (I linked to it from a posting on arstechnica when I was umm, disagreeing[i/] with '36k' about violent videos...see the thread he started a month or so ago about censorship in Missouri).

"Which, by the way, most games that have 3d models of people have had mods made that enable much more graphic nudity"

Really? And I guess you speak from direct personal knowledge in viewing these ;). Well maybe I'll become a 'yo yo yo' gameboy like '36k' after all. Where do I get the mods, and which titles do you recommend...any Japanese 'cosplay' editions available? I'll bet SR#223 would like to get ahold of some of these 'Japs' titles too; since he's such an old-fashioned, 'traditional', EU misogynist at heart.