Sign in to follow this  
boi2vicious

RAID RAID RAID0.

Hey I have a major issue with a programme called 'disk password protection' and now managed to get all the of my raid level 0 drives except one. the one which i quick formated because which was dumb thing to do. what would be the best way to un format it?? any programme do it so all the files and folders are recovered as they were?

and last all my video files keep getting mucked around... i think it's because of raid 0. Is there a way to remove raid but keep the files???

boi2vicious: One problem with RAID0 is that data loss is more likely than with a single drive. If the data is lost on one RAID0 drive, I do not believe you can recover the data with any available utility.

If you like the benefits of RAID0, you might want to get a total of 4 drives (of equal size) and configure them into RAID 1+0, which gives you good data integrity and performance (but you only get the combined space of two drives).

Picard's comment was made because it's common here to debate over the merits and problems with RAID0.

Looks like troll bait.  I vote for ban

210263[/snapback]

Picard it's a new member, chill.

Sorry about Picard he is very eager to jump on people neglecting common courtesy, his posts are puerile and usually absurd, allow me to apologize.

Welcome to SR, many of us are very helpful, expert, and friendly techs.

Hey I have a major issue with a programme called 'disk password protection' and now managed to get all the of my raid level 0 drives except one. the one which i quick formated because which was dumb thing to do. what would be the best way to un format it?? any programme do it so all the files and folders are recovered as they were?

and last all my video files keep getting mucked around... i think it's because of raid 0. Is there a way to remove raid but keep the files???

210234[/snapback]

There are many programs available to recover data, however it may be harder on a single drive that was in a raid array, perhaps someone here can recommend a program. :)

I would suggest mirroring your raid array to another hard drive, to save the files. Norton Ghost 2003 works well for this, however I am not a fan of Ghost 9.0.

I have to agree, there is little or no performance increase in most applications to make 'taking the risk' with raid 0 worth it, unless of course you use raid 0+1 but then that’s more drives = more money, so if you value your data or don't have the financial resources for the purchase of double the number of drives, raid 0 is most likely not best for you. :)

Looks like troll bait.  I vote for ban

210263[/snapback]

Picard it's a new member, chill.

Sorry about Picard he is very eager to jump on people neglecting common courtesy, his posts are puerile and usually absurd, allow me to apologize.

Welcome to SR, many of us are very helpful, expert, and friendly techs.

210318[/snapback]

And who are you quoting here. You have not been here long enough to know me so well.