tempus

which drive to buy!?

I want to buy a sata drive but cannot decide between a seagate 7200.8 (5 year warranty)or a diamondmax 10(higher performance). If I get the seagate will i really notice the lower performance in normal applications?

Have you looked at the Hitachi T7K250? This would be my suggestion.

Edited by xSTLx

Have you looked at the Hitachi T7K250?  This would be my suggestion.

206212[/snapback]

not yet because its availability seems to be limited in my area at this time. My only hope to get one would be by mail order.

FOrget speed, The seagate is fast enough! I woould go for the warranty over speed!!!...

SCSA

But the hitachi are fast drives.  Maxtor are also faster too. Over hitachi

SCSA

206221[/snapback]

ok so i ended up buying a seagate 200 gig 7200.8 drive and now have been fristrated in trying to create an image of my old drive to the new one. which program should i be using to do thid task?

Drive Image or Norton Ghost should both do the trick.

206270[/snapback]

I returned the seagate and got a diamondmax 10 200gig drive instead. Something about the way the seagate ran i did not like so now i have the diamond max. But I have another problem. When I use Drive Image 7 to copy one drive to another I get a problem with the new drive when I boot with it. It will boot into the desktop but their are no icons, taskbar etc. So something is not working during the copy but i have no idea what.