Burner27

"Unknow Device" in Device Manager

I turned on the ACHI feature so I could use NCQ on my drives, reinstalled Windows and loaded all the correct drivers for everything that I have HW-wise, but I have an "unknown device on Intel® 82801FB LPC Interface Controller - 2640" now in Device Manager. When I went into the BIOS, that was the only setting I made different.

Anybody have any ideas of what it could be?

My specs are listed below. Thanks.

Asus P5AD2E Premium WiFi Edition

Pentium 4 640 (3.2e GHz)

1GB Kingston HyperX DDR2 PC5400

ATI X850XT PE 256MB

2 x Plextor PX-716a DVD Burner

2 x 300GB Maxtor DM10 16MB cache SATA

2 x Hitachi 400GB

SB Audigy 2 ZS

Onboard 10/100/1000 NIC

PCP&C 510 Deluxe Express PSU

I've found that the best way to take care of unknown devices is to check WindowsUpdate for available driver updates...it usually does a good job of identifying the hardware and providing a driver.

If that doesn't do the trick, I'd check the driver section of Intel's site for a driver.

Ron

I've found that the best way to take care of unknown devices is to check WindowsUpdate for available driver updates...it usually does a good job of identifying the hardware and providing a driver.

If that doesn't do the trick, I'd check the driver section of Intel's site for a driver.

Ron

206111[/snapback]

Already tried Windows Update. It didn't find anything. I went to intel's site and used the latest INF package as well as searched for other drivers that may be related, and have come up with nothing.

Edited by Burner127

Have you re-installed the latest chipset driver for your system from Intel? I think you are missing a native chipset driver.

206194[/snapback]

See my last post.

The LPC interface controller is a PCI-LPC bridge, and LPC is a 2-bit perversion of the ISA bus.

Get Everest Home ed and check under Physical Devices, PnP Devices.

I have a temporary, (though not perfect), workaround for this. Right click on the offending unknown device and select to update driver. When the wizard starts select to install from a list or specified location. Next, choose "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install." Next, scroll down to "System Devices" and select. Next, from the Manufacturers list scroll down to Intel and highlight. On the right hand side under the model column scroll down and select "Intel® 82810FB LPC Interface Controller - 2640 (Intel) Next, disregard the warning and proceed with the driver update. Reboot. You will find in the Device Manager under "System Devices" 2 instances of the above driver, but the "Unknown device" will be gone. :)

Edited by gluasad

I have a temporary, (though not perfect), workaround for this.  Right click on the offending unknown device and select to update driver.  When the wizard starts select to install from a list or specified location.  Next, choose "Don't search.  I will choose the driver to install."  Next, scroll down to "System Devices" and select. Next, from the Manufacturers list scroll down to Intel and highlight.  On the right hand side under the model column scroll down and select "Intel® 82810FB LPC Interface Controller - 2640 (Intel)  Next, disregard the warning and proceed with the driver update.  Reboot.  You will find in the Device Manager under "System Devices" 2 instances of the above driver, but the "Unknown device" will be gone. :)

207814[/snapback]

Here is the solution:

On Your MoBo-CD;look for asacpi.sys in the AIBooster-Folder.Or disable AIBooster in BIOS.

AiBooster needed to have drivers installed or I should turn it off inthe Bios.