dano1122

i'm gona do it unless someone stops me, 2xHitachi

Ok, last call folks. Someone stop me if you have cause. About to push the button on 2

HITACHI Deskstar 7K250 HDS722525VLSA80 250GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM @ $132 a piece (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822145071)

don't wana go seagate cuz no AAM, don't wana go samsung cuz newer drives over 160gb are expensive, don't wana go western digital cuz of well, don't know, just didn't pick them, wana go maxtor but diamondmax10 @ 250gb comes with 16mb cache and the price jumps up to upper 100's with that.

main use will be raid-1 for a desktop with alot of file storage. rma as needed when/if either drive fails over the 3 year warranty period.

Ok, last call folks. Someone stop me if you have cause. About to push the button on 2

HITACHI Deskstar 7K250 HDS722525VLSA80 250GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM @ $132 a piece (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822145071)

don't wana go seagate cuz no AAM, don't wana go samsung cuz newer drives over 160gb are expensive, don't wana go western digital cuz of well, don't know, just didn't pick them, wana go maxtor but diamondmax10 @ 250gb comes with 16mb cache and the price jumps up to upper 100's with that.

main use will be raid-1 for a desktop with alot of file storage. rma as needed when/if either drive fails over the 3 year warranty period.

204652[/snapback]

Good price, good drive. I have 2 as well see my sig. Mine have been running quiet, cool, and quick for a few years, no problems ever with one of these drives. I have also never had any of the noise problems people complain of. So if you want them, get them, I highly recommend them.

One per IDE channel for best speed.

One is C: the other D:

C: is my boot, programs, windows, page file

I moved my documents to the D drive.

D: my documents, storage for music and videos

I will be selling my drives soon. I am ghosting them and going to 2 7K400's because I am at 40% free on the C: and about 20% free on the D:

I hate having any less then 50% free.

don't you worry about down-time if your os drive fails? and how do you deal with data back-ups?

204694[/snapback]

Im not to worried about down time if my os drive fails. I have 2 acom external drives that I do backups to by completely ghosting my drives in my machine, do it once a week or so and it doesent take to long. If my os drive fails I will run off the one from the acom until i replace it.

you could do that or you could also purchase 2 from me for $180 shipped fedex 2day ;) (they're 100% working 13G0255 parts) warranty till Oct-16-2006

I will be selling my drives soon.  I am ghosting them and going to 2 7K400's because I am at 40% free on the C: and about 20% free on the D:

I hate having any less then 50% free.

204688[/snapback]

:D