opq

SSH Web Client Suggestions?

Hey, anyone have any suggestions for a PuTTY-equivalent that can run through a web browser without installation?

Well, googling for "ssh java applet" brings up a few options, but the end user will need java installed. Googling for "ssh activex" shows a few more options for the IE only crowd.

Out of curiosity, what do you need this for? Generally, if you need a SSH client, you're sufficiently knowledgable to download an install PuTTY yourself.

Putty can be run from the internet cache. I've had to do it plenty before. I've gotten to the point where I just pull up google, search "putty download" and then click the top result, scroll down, click on the EXE for Windows and hit Run.

Putty can be run from the internet cache.  I've had to do it plenty before.  I've gotten to the point where I just pull up google, search "putty download" and then click the top result, scroll down, click on the EXE for Windows and hit Run.

204446[/snapback]

Note To Self:

1) Hack Putty to email me the user's password

2) create copy of Putty's site and put my hacked PuTTY on it

3) Push my fake site up to #1 in the Google rankings

4) Profit.

Yeah, I guess if you dropped a key logger in it, then I'd have a problem, but you'd only be able to get into my personal web/mail server, so what good would that do you?