Sign in to follow this  
pico1180

300GB Atlas 10K V

So, I have a bran new, perfectly good 300GB Atlas 10K V. The retail is $1200, but I seriously doubt I could get that for it.

What could I actually expect to get for this drive?

So, I have a bran new, perfectly good 300GB Atlas 10K V. The retail is $1200, but I seriously doubt I could get that for it.

203179[/snapback]

WOW, how did you come by such a monster?? :blink:

203179[/snapback]

WOW, how did you come by such a monster?? :blink:

203230[/snapback]

It was traded for some work I did. I built a $500 computer for a guy, and he gave me this in exchange. He said he had no use for it. I guess more then just a retail price tag can determine something value. At the lowest common denominator, I guess its worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it.

I dont really think I can do anything with it other then use it. I dont think its worth anything to anyone other then a corporation.

It was traded for some work I did. I built a $500 computer for a guy, and he gave me this in exchange. He said he had no use for it. I guess more then just a retail price tag can determine something value. At the lowest common denominator, I guess its worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it.

I dont really think I can do anything with it other then use it. I dont think its worth anything to anyone other then a corporation.

203235[/snapback]

sweet drive, i think your best bet is ebay with no reserve, should get you at least $800. to me personally it's worth less than that because you can buy current gen 2x147 10k drives @400 a pop and they will perform better in jbod setup than a single 300gb.

Edited by wfn

hehe.....I just got two of these drives for free too....i am trying to figure out what to do whith these things.....

and no it didnt "drop off a truck" :)

I just want to make a good gamming rig....but don't want to spend 300 bucks for a scsi card....hmmm....

is this drive worth the money for the speed? would i see alot of improvement gaming?

hehe.....I just got two of these drives for free too....i am trying to figure out what to do whith these things.....

and no it didnt "drop off a truck" :)

I just want to make a good gamming rig....but don't want to spend 300 bucks for a scsi card....hmmm....

is this drive worth the money for the speed? would i see alot of improvement gaming?

204001[/snapback]

if you're into gaming you're much better off selling these drives and getting yourself a raptor to boot and run your apps from and a hitachi 250GB sata II drive for storage. you'll probably have enough money left over to buy yourself a beefy video card a gig of ram and a faster cpu.

203179[/snapback]

Is this 68 pin or 80? Also, what price range would you consider reasonable?

203179[/snapback]

206414[/snapback]

They are 80Pin and I just sold it for $360

203179[/snapback]

206414[/snapback]

They are 80Pin and I just sold it for $360

206655[/snapback]

Damn it i am a day late & a dollar short, want at least 4 of those & have room for 10 more :)