f_vo

You have a new pope....

The new pope is : Cardinal Ratzinger of Germany.

He was a member of the ......Hitler Jugend.

Off course he said he was sorry for that.

Now if only Michael Jackson could say that he was sorry too and walk away from court....

Benedict XVI: German cardinal elected pope

'I entrust myself to your prayers,' he tells crowd

Heres a link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7523254/?GT1=6428

VATICAN CITY - Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany, a hard-line guardian of conservative doctrine, was elected the new pope Tuesday evening in the first conclave of the new millennium. He chose the name Pope Benedict XVI and called himself “a simple, humble worker.â€

Ratzinger, the first German pope since the 11th century, emerged onto the balcony of St. Peter’s Basilica, where he waved to a wildly cheering crowd of tens of thousands and gave his first blessing as pope. Other cardinals clad in their crimson robes came out on other balconies to watch him.

It was thought they may choose the new Pope from a country facing a crossroads in Faith due to the rise of overly secular or even atheistic trends. And all the while some predicted he was going to be a Chinese mainlander.

Well, some of the rumors also held that this pope will be a 'transitionary' pope, similar in values to John Paul II; and they'll elect a more radical pope next time, after Catholicism has had time to adjust to the idea of a new pope. (After all, John Paul II was the third-longest serving pope, after only someone I can't remember in the 1800s and the original, St. Peter.

P.S. he ain't 'my' pope... I was raised Catholic, but I most certainly am not anymore. Waaaaaay too conservative for me.

Well, some of the rumors also held that this pope will be a 'transitionary' pope, similar in values to John Paul II; and they'll elect a more radical pope next time, after Catholicism has had time to adjust to the idea of a new pope.  (After all, John Paul II was the third-longest serving pope, after only someone I can't remember in the 1800s and the original, St. Peter.

P.S. he ain't 'my' pope...  I was raised Catholic, but I most certainly am not anymore.  Waaaaaay too conservative for me.

202828[/snapback]

Oh how I love being conservative maybe I should become Catholic. :D Im already a Lutheran so thats good enough. Missouri synod to not any of that liberal eclu or whatever they are.

Well, some of the rumors also held that this pope will be a 'transitionary' pope, similar in values to John Paul II; and they'll elect a more radical pope next time, after Catholicism has had time to adjust to the idea of a new pope.  (After all, John Paul II was the third-longest serving pope, after only someone I can't remember in the 1800s and the original, St. Peter.

P.S. he ain't 'my' pope...  I was raised Catholic, but I most certainly am not anymore.  Waaaaaay too conservative for me.

202828[/snapback]

Oh how I love being conservative maybe I should become Catholic. :D Im already a Lutheran so thats good enough. Missouri synod to not any of that liberal eclu or whatever they are.

202836[/snapback]

My wife was raised Missouri Synod, and we go to a Missouri Synod church; but I don't know. It's better than Catholic, and around here, most of the people are fairly progressive; but the church itself is a bit too stodgy for me. (We recently swicthed churches for one that is much closer, and this new pastor strikes me as a bit too misogynistic. Not that I can put my finger on any one thing, just his general 'feel'.)

Oh how I love being conservative maybe I should become Catholic. :D

202836[/snapback]

For people who don't understand some of the basic Catholic rules, the Catholic Church under John Paul banned:

1. Divorce.

2. Remarriage for widows and widowers.

3. Premarital sex (Arabian Virgins go to hell with the rest of them).

4. Contraceptives (Having trouble catching AIDS/Herpes/Syphilis?) .

5. Artificial Insemination.

6. Masturbation.

7. Oral sex.

8. Yes, oral sex.

Enjoy xSTLx... ;)

8. Just about everything else under the sun except for raping little boys and girls, which they apparently tacitly encourage.

For people who don't understand some of the basic Catholic rules, the Catholic Church under John Paul banned:

1.  Divorce.

2.  Remarriage for widows and widowers.

3.  Premarital sex (Arabian Virgins go to hell with the rest of them).

4.  Contraceptives (Having trouble catching AIDS/Herpes/Syphilis?)  .

5.  Artificial Insemination.

6.  Masturbation.

7.  Oral sex.

8.  Yes, oral sex.

8.  Just about everything else under the sun except for raping little boys and girls, which they apparently tacitly encourage.

I guess then just about everyone on the planet is going to hell, myself included. :o

I also want to point out that I greatly admired John Paul II as both a man and as a leader, even though I believe in almost nothing that the Catholic Church stands for (except the bans on homosexual unions and maybe premarital sex). I'm guess I'm not keen on oral sex either, but banning it is a bit extreme. Anyway, I can admire the man even though I didn't agree with some of his ideas. In fact, I admire him for sticking to what he felt was right in the face of great pressure to do otherwise. I can sometimes relate to that. ;)

Gilbo, you clearly subscribe to anti-catholic sources for your information. Allow me to correct you:

1. Civil divorce is permitted, but remarriage while the former spouse lives is not. Some divorce is recognized and some marriages are annulled under special circumstances.

2. Wrong!

3. The Church does not claim that non-believers are doomed. In fact, the church expresses no opionion other than God's love encompasses everyone. Many Catholics believe that non-believers have an easier access to knowledge of God than they do.

4. One contraceptive is permitted---abstinence.

5. Artificial Insemination denies Natural Law.

6. Addictive masturbation which precludes procreation is a serious sin. Masturbation in one's twilight years or under circumstances not permitting sacramental union is a minor sin.

7. Oral sex is permitted if it is accompanied by procreative sex.

8. As an intelligent secularist you debase yourself.

3. The Church does not claim that non-believers are doomed.  In fact, the church expresses no opionion other than God's love encompasses everyone.  Many Catholics believe that non-believers have an easier access to knowledge of God than they do.

That's a curious idea...could you elaborate?

5. Artificial Insemination denies Natural Law.

So does medical care, including keeping someone alive on life support/feeding tubes.

8. As an intelligent secularist you debase yourself.

Are you suggesting that being an intelligent secularist is debasing oneself (...any more than being a stupid secularist)?

4. One contraceptive is permitted---abstinence.

Also Natural Family Planning to be used under extreme circumstances, the definition of "extreme" being left to the participants.

1.  Divorce.

2.  Remarriage for widows and widowers.

3.  Premarital sex (Arabian Virgins go to hell with the rest of them).

4.  Contraceptives (Having trouble catching AIDS/Herpes/Syphilis?)  .

5.  Artificial Insemination.

6.  Masturbation.

7.  Oral sex.

8.  Yes, oral sex.

8.  Just about everything else under the sun except for raping little boys and girls, which they apparently tacitly encourage.

I guess then just about everyone on the planet is going to hell, myself included. :o

I also want to point out that I greatly admired John Paul II as both a man and as a leader, even though I believe in almost nothing that the Catholic Church stands for (except the bans on homosexual unions and maybe premarital sex). I'm guess I'm not keen on oral sex either, but banning it is a bit extreme. Anyway, I can admire the man even though I didn't agree with some of his ideas. In fact, I admire him for sticking to what he felt was right in the face of great pressure to do otherwise. I can sometimes relate to that. ;)

203050[/snapback]

Ok my reply to your reply.

1. Never been divorced and never plan to.

2. If your spouse dies or you have an annullment you can remarry.

3. Sorry premarital sex is wrong, havent seen enough kids born to 14 year old couples yet gilbo?

4. If you know your partner well and dont sleep around this will not be a problem as far as becoming preggers use the calendar or abstinence.

5. Adopt.

6. Why would you want to do this anyway?

7. Oral sex is permitted if it is accompanied by procreative sex. "JSF"

8. Oh you said the same thing twice.

3. Sorry premarital sex is wrong, havent seen enough kids born to 14 year old couples yet gilbo?

Er, you realize that when that rule was created, being a 14-year-old mother was not that uncommon, nor was it a problem (unless you were not married)?

In my high school, there were approximately 200 pregnancies per year (pop: 2500). Many were aborted, but I certainly saw a few carried to term. Most of those who decide to carry to term drop out. Teen pregnancy is a problem, but let's not pretend the Church's stance on sex before marriage has anything to do with that.

Lets remember that the Catholic church is liberal compared to other churches.

Example the Penticostal church.

1. All the things the Catholic church does not allow.

2. No gambling, drinking, or smoking.

3. No TV or radio.

4. No computers or video games.

5. Women must wear dresses or skirts at all times.

6. Not allowed in public places like movies, malls, ball games, or concerts etc.

Just to name a few.

The Catholic church is liberal compared to SOME other churches.

The Catholic church is liberal compared to SOME other churches.

203605[/snapback]

I do agree, sorry forgot the word SOME, your right.

1. Never been divorced and never plan to.

2. If your spouse dies or you have an annullment you can remarry.

4. If you know your partner well and dont sleep around this will not be a problem as far as becoming preggers use the calendar or abstinence.

5. Adopt.

6. Why would you want to do this anyway?

7. Oral sex is permitted if it is accompanied by procreative sex. "JSF"

8. Oh you said the same thing twice.

I don't want to insult you but 3 seems rather medieval to me. I'm not married so having sex with my girlfriend is... wrong? I do agree though that children shouldn't be having sex but the line between old enough and too young to have sex is a bit vague and may vary from person to person. In our western society a small minority may be ready at a young 14 while some aren't ready well into their 20's and most somewhere in their late teens.

As to 4, believe me, the looking at the calendar is NOT a good way to avoid pregnancies. Nature can be fickle sometimes.

And 7 just sucks!

I personally find it insulting that humans should only have sex to "procreate". Sounds more like "you can happy fellow if you breed". Are we cattle?

Look its none of my business if you wish to go against Gods wishes. Im not telling anyone one what to do here it is just my own opinions. As far as the calendar thing or the oral sex thing I was only stating what the Catholic church teaches, Im not Catholic, Im Missouri Synod Lutheran and these things are permitted providing you are married to the person.