Sign in to follow this  
Ron_Jeremy

My monitor is on flames!

Man, was it ever awesome. Not seconds after posting on another thread my black Viewsonic P95f+ started making weird "fizzing" type sounds. Immediately following the screen went blank but strangely the green light on the front stayed on. Then, man the fireworks were AWESOME!!! The whole inside lit up like a Christmas tree. I could see it through the many vent slots/holes. I quickly disconnected the vga cable from me puter but left the power cable connected to the monitor. I figured "ahh that's about it, show's over". But nooo, soon after that the inside kept getting brighter & the light inside (flames?) seem to be like moving around & encompassing the whole thing! The fizzing sounds turned into louder crackling sounds. Smoke is still every where in my bedroom. I pulled the plug cuz my room mate was freaking out. Hahaha. Jeez, this thing is hotter than a mofo!!

Man it stinks in here.......

Edited by Ron_Jeremy

CAREFULE OF THE FUMES - many of those vaporized polymers are carcinogenic!

Open your windows quickly...let the place really air out.

FS

That sucks. How old was it?

201513[/snapback]

Less than a year old me thinks. Gotta find paperwork. It has a 3 yr warranty anyway...

CAREFULE OF THE FUMES - many of those vaporized polymers are carcinogenic!

Open your windows quickly...let the place really air out.

FS

201515[/snapback]

I smell a lawsuit! :D (neither of my P95f+s came with paperwork letting me know it may indeed spontaneously combust and give me cancer...)

Okay, okay, let's get serious... Any way I can help induce this spontaneity in a neighbor's monitor?

Awsome death! I had an old Jeep CJ that died in the same fashon.

I was driving along and saw some steam, so I pulled over and popped the hood. Turns out the steam was smoke, so I backed away and sat there hoping to flag down another car. Well, smoke turned to fire and the air filter on top of the carb went ka-pop. Then, the wiring melted and shorted in such a way as to bridge the starter. Since the car was turned off and in gear, it started moving forwared. Every time it moved forward, a fireball came out of the top of the carb. It was like a big flaming old-fashioned steam train. I followed it about 50 yeards before it went into the ditch. Fire department came, put out the fire. At least I got my CD's back out of it.

I will never forget the sight of my flaming jeep driving away on electric power. Probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Frank

BBH, that's awesome man! Years ago, I was driving 'round town with my cousin Dino in his old Datsun (or Toyota, can't remember). Anyway, sitting at a red light, it just started smoking like a son of a bitch. We get out to take a look under the hood but couldn't even touch it since it was so hot! It's smokin real bad now & you could definitely smell somethin on fire. Dino says "happy fellow it" & whips out his swiss army tool & unscrews the plate. We just walk away from it & enter the mall across the street. After an hour of shopping we come out & notice the main entrance to the mall has been blockaded, & find 2 fire trucks hosing down the car.

As we were watchin the firemen do their thing, I notice a cab comin down the street. I turn to face Dino & we both blurted out "TAXI!" at the same time.

HILARIOUS!!!!!

Edited by Ron_Jeremy

Awsome death!  I had an old Jeep CJ that died in the same fashon. 

202105[/snapback]

That's a sight I'd have wanted to see... :D

Electric steam Jeep... :D:D

Cheers,

Jan