Sign in to follow this  
willsmith

Reliability database missing latest models.

Can the Storagereview maintainers please update the reliability database with some latest drive models? Seagate has the 7200.8 and Maxtor has the DiamondMax Plus 10 range.

I was recently in the market for a 300Gb drive and had to just guess which would be more reliable. Reliability and silence are my most important factors. Speed is not important since it's a media server (nearline storage). I went for a 7200.8, since the 7200.7's are reliable. It arrived and is just going through a 'badblocks' test on Linux (estimate it will take about 12 hours to complete!)

Thanks

Will Smith

They will appear as soon as someone buys them and reports their reliability back to all of us. How do you think everything on there now got there?

bfg9000,

I think you miss the point.

The drive models mentioned are not in the pull-down menus.

It is impossible to add your own data, because you can't select the drive model you have.

Diamondmax 10 and Seagate 7200.8 and WD3200 need to be added, so that people can start putting their reliability figures in.

Yes, this is the problem, I tried entering data about my six 200GB drives, impossible. Neither of the two models I have are in the database.

Only drives reviewed by SR can be entered in the survey. FAQ link.

198979[/snapback]

I wish that the requirement for discs to be reviewed to be in the survey would be removed and all discs that are sold could be in it instead. Maybe just enter "dummy" values for performance/noise etc until it is reviewed.

Some discs will never be reviewed?