NovaTC

Type of power connector on DiamonMax10 SATA?

I plan buying a DiamondMax10 (200GB) with Serial ATA interface. Do these drives use the "old" standard power connector (like that found on optical drives and PATA-HDDs) or do they use the serial ATA power connector?

If the use the SATA type, will an adapter do the trick, or do the drives use the extra 3,3V line?

The DM10 300 has a standard sata power connector. That series is reported as being a native Sata solution, so all of them should have sata only connectors.

Peace

I plan buying a DiamondMax10 (200GB) with Serial ATA interface. Do these drives use the "old" standard power connector (like that found on optical drives and PATA-HDDs) or do they use the serial ATA power connector?

194610[/snapback]

I have one of these drives and they do not feature anything except a SATA power connector.

Thanks for the info, I will order an adapter, since my power supply does not have SATA power connectors. I just hope the drive does not use the 3,3V supply on the connector, since AFAIK these adapters only supply the standard 5V and 12V lines.

Thanks for the info, I will order an adapter, since my power supply does not have SATA power connectors. I just hope the drive does not use the 3,3V supply on the connector, since AFAIK these adapters only supply the standard 5V and 12V lines.

194689[/snapback]

No hard drive uses the 3.3 V line at this time.