michaelsil1

Increase Text Size in IE

I was wondering if there was a free Program that will increase the text size in IE?

193189[/snapback]

Um... what's wrong with pressing Ctrl and scrolling the wheel of your mouse? :)

Or View -> Text Size... ?

Or what text are You trying to size?

Cheers,

Jan

I was wondering if there was a free Program that will increase the text size in IE?

193189[/snapback]

Um... what's wrong with pressing Ctrl and scrolling the wheel of your mouse? :)

Or View -> Text Size... ?

Or what text are You trying to size?

Cheers,

Jan

193191[/snapback]

Using the Text Size in IE doesn't increase all the Text. :angry:

If I increase my resolution it will reduce the size of the text; for us older people it would be nice to have larger letters to read. :P

IE only scales text that has been specified as a relative size. If the designer explicitly said "10pt fonts" (fixed size), then IE will always show 10pt fonts no matter what you say.

Use something other than IE. Mozilla Firefox, Opera, etc. Each of those mentioned scale web pages much better than IE.

If the non-scalable text in iE is too small for you, it is likely that text other places in windows is also too small as well. You can globally increase the font sizes everywhere under Display Properties>Appearance>Advanced>Item.

Just don't set them too big or they will tend to "crowd" the dialog boxes.

Here is a picture of the problem: http://news.designtechnica.com/featured_article6_page3.html

The only solution for now is to live with some oddly formatted dialog boxes if you want to run a high-resolution fixed-pixel display at native resolution, yet still have readable text.  Hopefully this will be addressed in Longhorn.

193200[/snapback]

Thank you. :)

It would be nice if Longhorn addressed these issues. With Microsoft rushing to get Longhorn to market I'm a little doubtful.

You could also try opening IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Accessibility and check "Ignore font sizes specified in web pages" and see how well that works for you.

How well you like the effect will depend on your own personal tastes.

Just because someone specifies a particular font size for a web page doesn't mean your browser has to use it. :PB)

You could also try opening IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Accessibility and check "Ignore font sizes specified in web pages" and see how well that works for you.

How well you like the effect will depend on your own personal tastes.

Just because someone specifies a particular font size for a web page doesn't mean your browser has to use it.  :PB)

193222[/snapback]

This works for me, thanks. :P