veyron

SEAGATE 7200.8 sata WHY NO REVIEW GOSh?

:angry:

Hi mates, where can i find a review about the new 7200.8 SATA 300GB or 400GB ?

why is SR too lazy ?

most important: noise ! is it as penetrant wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii like the samsung SATA drives (160gb) ?

is it hearable in working modus ??? (seagate writes only about idle modus!!)

(my old 7200.7 sata 200GB is loud as hell -- but only in working /operating modus - good in idle...)

thanks a lot, veyron

Storage Review and most review sites are at the mercy of the manufacturers for drives to test. I assume that SR has not received any drives for them to benchmark. You are welcome to buy some drives and send them to Eugene. After that I am sure SR will have a review for you. Sites such as this one run off the donations of its members and the advertisers, there usually is not a lot of cash to go buy test drives with.

Free

Indeed, Seagate has had a weird policy regarding furnishing drives for review. They have historically been fast to give enterprise SCSI drives, but WAY slow to furnish ATA drives for review. Eugene made a point of this in his 7200.7 review...

Having said that, if every regular gave $5.00 we would HAVE a 7200.8 drive to review... (and, as always a big THANKS to those that have contributed in the past!)

FS

@veyron:

1. Seagate DOES report acoustics for all three modes. Reading the data sheet may help.

2. The drive has fairly normal acoustics behaviour and is - if well treated - usually not at all penetrant.

3. Please use the paypal button to make a donation, oo not bother requesting information on a free website.

Veyron.

Saying that the 7200.7 SATA-drive is loud as hell is a load of bullocks!  :blink:

NOISE

i HAD the 7200.7. i sold it. The seagate 7200.7 is not loud in idle! But clearly hearable in seek-modus (in comparison to the SAMSUNG sv1604n or SP1614C !!! Very very loud performance seek!!!)

here the data of the seagate 7200.7 SATA 200GB i had: http://www.seagate.com/docs/pdf/datasheet/...acuda7200.7.pdf

bel:

2.8 quiet seek

3.4 performance seek

AND THE NEW seagate 7200.8 that i want to buy is even LOUDER :angry: !!!! So Seagate tells not the truth when saying the new 7200.8 is the most silent 7200-disc ever (even better than the v80-series of samsung)-- a naked lie !!!

here Data of the 200GB 7200.8 SATA: http://www.seagate.com/docs/pdf/datasheet/...acuda7200.8.pdf

≤2.8

≤3.2

≤3.7 (!!!)

Comparison:

Samsung SP1614C:

Idle 2.7 Bel

Random Read/Write 2.8 Bel

Samsung SV1604N:

Idle 2.6 Bel

Random Read/Write 2.7 Bel

==>SO SEAGATE TELLS YOU LIES.

So Seagate tells not the truth when saying the new 7200.8 is the most silent 7200-disc ever (even better than the v80-series of samsung)-- a naked lie !!!

Where Seagate is telling this?

Why are you allowed to have a computer in the first place?

So Seagate tells not the truth when saying the new 7200.8 is the most silent 7200-disc ever (even better than the v80-series of samsung)-- a naked lie !!!

Be nice. :D

Be nice. :D

OK, I try :P - maybe I just shouldn't have read his other posts so far done here at SR... :angry: