Sign in to follow this  
KingGremlin

Seagate Savvio 36GB 20-Pack for $415.99?

It's a goof.

I ordered anyway, hoping. According to buy.com I have a 2lb package coming, which sounds like just one drive. :(

Which means I'll be making ANOTHER trip back to UPS/FedEx to ship the stupid thing back to buy.com .

Oh well, a few bucks towards hoping isn't too bad. :P

I have ordered items from them several times.

NEVER order anything you need in a couple of days. They only have good pricing on items they accumulate orders for then buy it in. One item took 7 weeks to ship. They did offer to cancel the order or send similar items. (( bait and switch??? ))

I did return 1 item without any problen.

Everyone puts disclimers in their fine print for one reason or other. You can do worse but better is easy.

Photoz

buy.com sucks!! they screw up prices all the time. they had a 10pack of 60m vxa tapes shown for about $26. i took the chance and when it arrived, the packing slip said '1pk' and of course there was only one tape. their web site still said 10pk. their web frontend and their inventory systems don't match, for some stupid reason. that was 2 or 3 weeks ago, and i'm still waiting to hear back about my claim.

buy.com sucks. As someone mentioned earlier, they don't have inventory on the good deals -- they accumulate orders and then batch them. If you check the reseller ratings sites you'll find that they are typically rated about two stars out of ten, and their "I would buy there again" rating is even lower.

I bought two sticks of memory there, guaranteed to work in my Mom's computer by *their* configurator.

When they didn't work, I sent back the two sticks and only got credit for one -- they claimed there was only one in the box.

I'll never again deal with anyone that doesn't list a physical presence/phone number on their website.

-- Rick