Eugene

Fujitsu MAU3147

Eugene, why did you accept cityK's sentence thingy. WHY!

Anyway, i find that fujitsu suck in terms of having a stake in this world of scsi. It appears that the only time we see them, or hear about them is on SR. Why is that?

I mean that if they are so good, why are most systems got seagate, maxtor, or Hitachi!!!...

I think that fujitsu makes better TV's than drives!!!....

SCSA

Have we lost the "single page version"?

Most people prob don't hear about Fujitsu because they don't make more mass-market IDE drives.

Eugene, why did you accept cityK's sentence thingy.  WHY!

Anyway, i find that fujitsu suck in terms of having a stake in this world of scsi.  It appears that the only time we see them, or hear about them is on SR.  Why is that?

I mean that if they are so good, why are most systems got seagate, maxtor, or Hitachi!!!...

I think that fujitsu makes better TV's than drives!!!....

SCSA

I've seen quite of number of Fujitsu drives in IBM server the past year and a half or so. Perhaps Fujitsu isn't as interested in the retail channel as it is in OEM's, which only makes sense as that's where a steady flow of income can be generated.

Do you think you could review the smallest versions of SCSI hard drives like these. I see a lot of enthusiasts buying 36GB models for their desktops, since the 147GB versions are VERY expensive. This could be a round up in a similar spirit to the recent 250GB disks review.

Edited by student

Is there any intention to follow up with a review of the MAU3147NC/P's successor MAX3147NC/P? It's a bit strange that the current Fujitsu generation is not being put through its rounds. :)

Is there any intention to follow up with a review of the MAU3147NC/P's successor MAX3147NC/P? It's a bit strange that the current Fujitsu generation is not being put through its rounds. :)

The only difference between the MAU und MAX-series ist that the latter is RoHS-compliant. So it should deliver the very same performance.

Are there any plans to review the next generation of these drives?

http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computi...00-15k-rpm.html

Thanks,

Chris

Right, it will be great to see how the MBA series comes up against Seagate Cheetah 15K.5. I am hoping it will build and improve on the MAU/MAX series, with its outstanding single user (desktop/workstation) performance as well as a competitive multi user (server) performance. :)

Yeah I'm thinking of biting the bullet and buying a 73GB SAS MBA (MBA3073RC), despite the fact that there are no reviews *anywhere* that I can find. Still have my fingers crossed though, because I still need to find a controller that will work in my Gigabyte X38 motherboard (my Dell PERC5 doesn't) or get a different mobo, stupid Intel [desktop] chipsets seem to be limited to graphics only on their x16 PCIe slots.

Edited by Fedor

Why there is no review of Fujitsu MBA-series?

Is your backspace button broken?

Have you noticed very few sites have an MBA3 review? Fujitsu seems to be pretty stingy with review samples... :(

Yes, distribution for the Fujitsu MBA series seems to be quite weak, at best. There are not many places carrying the drives. I haven't seen any review yet, have you? I do have a pair of MBA3147NC with me now, from the RMA of a pair of failing MAX3147NC. Maybe I can get down to some rudimentary testing when I find the time. I am PMR should ensure a pretty good STR, but we will see.