Maxtor storage

Wireless Problems

Hello, I'm having some strange problems. I just got Cable Broadband and I bought a Wireless D-Link DI-524 Router and 2xZonet ZEW1600 Wireless PCI cards. The problem is that for some reason after some time the connection between Router/Cards just stops for about 3~4 seconds and it interrupts when you game or the like. I tested the connection with my G4's AirPort Card and it also did it, so I'm guessing that it's not the PCI Cards I bought? The Router seems fine... But I had a U.S Robotics model in mind instead, I used one before and that thing is just incredible. Oh and also, I tested this over the Ethernet jacks on the Router so it's not the Cable Modem doing this. So did i buy a crappy Router? :( (B+G Router/Cards)

This can be caused by interference. When I had a similar problem a few weeks ago, changing the channel fixed it. Make sure that the router has the latest firmware installed, too.

If that doesn't help, you may have to use a packet sniffer and analyze the beacon packets to see what the problem is... or you can just try a different router, if possible.

I put it even further away and the AirPort card still has 2 missing point from perfect reception! The card in my PC's disconnect and the signal is weak. I'm off to exchange them because I hvae never heard of "zonet" cards and it looks like a cheap @ss Generic.

It's most likely the router, mine does it too and I have just been too lazy to send it in because I dont use the wireless on it, I got two internet connections. The one I'm on right now does not have a router. I actually get the windows XP icon saying it's disconnecting while surfing from time to time. I'd contact D-LINK and ask for warranty repair, also make sure you get the ping plotter or a similar program that graphs the pings over time and have it ping the router when these lag and drops are occuring so you know its the router disconnecting.

My DI-624 router has similar problems, it disconnects frequently from time to time at seemingly random intervals it "hitches" then it's ok again.

Well I returned the cars, real crappy things. Went to BestBuy and you know what I find? Freaking Wireless B/G LinkSYS Router Bundled with a wireless PCMCIA Card for only $110!!!! This D-Link cost me $75... But I bought LinkSYS's Wireless PCI Card and it works fine, so far I'm waiting for it to disconnect. I have the Router in my room right now and I'll see if AirPort disconnects again like before.