linxc

You Is Good!

我是想用PC3000ä¿®ç†ç¡¬ç›˜çŽ°åœ¨å°±æ˜¯æ²¡æœ‰U6的指令,ä¸çŸ¥é“你们能ä¸èƒ½çœ‹å‡ºæˆ‘写的是什么,PC3000是一套转业的硬盘维修软件,其中我è¦çš„U6指令是(SEAGATE)硬盘厂家的专门资料,他ä¸ç”¨é€šè¿‡IDE就直接能修ç†ç¡¬ç›˜çš„,åªè¦æŽ¥ä¸ŠCOM线转æ¢æˆå·¥åŽ‚模å¼å°±æ˜¯å¯äº†ï¼Œå®‰CTRL+t之åŽå°±å¯ä»¥ä¿®ç†ç¡¬ç›˜ã€‚åªæ˜¯è¦æŒ‡ä»¤ã€‚。你们è°æœ‰å‘¢ï¼Ÿ

linxc, it would be better to combine this thread with your earlier thread. Hopefully, a moderator will do so for you.

Below is a rough translation:

- linxc is using PC3000, which is maintenance software for hard drives.

- He needs the instruction set for talking to the Seagate U6 drive.

- This software can bypass the IDE interface for talking to the drive.

- It only needs to connect via a COM port (this part doesn't make sense; I'm missing the character after 'COM').

- Pressing Ctrl+T will start the repair process for the hard drive.

- All he needs is the instruction set. Does anyone have it?

Correction. It should read:

- It only needs to talk via the COM line(s) to convert it back to factory settings.

(I *really* need to practice reading Simplified! <_< )

- It only needs to talk via the COM line(s) to convert it back to factory settings.

(I *really* need to practice reading Simplified!  <_< )

If it is an Seagate ATA drive, use seaflash. Generate a congen or serial flash file and use it to send the info to the HDD.

Usage: %s -m <name> [options]
-m <name>   Specify the model family to flash.
-f <file>   Specify the filename prefix of the flash files.
This defaults to 'seaflash' if not provided.  Filename
extensions '.fls', '.ovl', '.crt', and '.tbl' are assumed.
-c          Send a congen file, fully specified by -f.
-r          Include the serial flash file when flashing.
-s          Only send a single file, fully specified by -f.
-p <port>   Only flash devices located at the specified base
port address.  Port address must be in hexadecimal.
-d <0|1>    Only flash master, '0', or slave, '1', devices.
-v          Toggles verbose mode on/off.  Default is off.
-l          List supported family names and models

Thank you for your time,

Frank Russo

Ahh... I see.... Looks like he is trying to bypass the ATA pwd security on the HDD, and not upload congen commands to speak to the controller. Sorry I misread the origional.

The easiest solution is this...(at your own risk)

Hook the HDD to a standalone power supply and power it up while connected to the XBox/Tivo/Whatever. Turn on the XBox/Tivo/Etc... Wait for it to detect the drive. Wait for activity to cease.. Disconnect the drive from the Xbox/tivo/etc... Drive will still be running and unlocked.

Now, plug the (Hot) drive into an ATA cable from your PC. Turn on the PC. You will now have access to the FS. Unplugging a live drive always makes me a bit squeemish btw...

Thank you for your time,

Frank Russo

linxc, it would be better to combine this thread with your earlier thread. Hopefully, a moderator will do so for you.

Wow, you know Chinese. Thanks for the translation. :)

The other probably isn't going to be very useful for the original poster

My mother considers my Chinese-level "ban4 tong2 shui3," which literally means "half-a**ed" in English. <_<

linxc, if you need any of the English portions translated into Chinese, I can give it a try turning it into pinyin.

Thankful everybody like this of help, thank everybody.I think that everybody helps me to seek, the foreign hard drive maintains the forum, hoping you help I seek.Because my English level is not enough.If find out address that pleasing and sticking the website sticks the top here, I will see everyday of.Thankful everybody

感谢大家这样的帮忙,谢谢大家。我想大家帮我找找,外国的硬碟维修论å›ï¼Œå¸Œæœ›ä½ ä»¬å¸®æˆ‘找找。因为我的英语水平ä¸å¤Ÿã€‚如果找到请把网站的地å€è´´åœ¨è¿™è´´ä¸Šï¼Œæˆ‘会æ¯å¤©æ¥çœ‹çš„。感谢大家

(I *really* need to practice reading Simplified!  <_< )

If it is an Seagate ATA drive, use seaflash. Generate a congen or serial flash file and use it to send the info to the HDD.

Usage: %s -m <name> [options]
-m <name>   Specify the model family to flash.
-f <file>   Specify the filename prefix of the flash files.
This defaults to 'seaflash' if not provided.  Filename
extensions '.fls', '.ovl', '.crt', and '.tbl' are assumed.
-c          Send a congen file, fully specified by -f.
-r          Include the serial flash file when flashing.
-s          Only send a single file, fully specified by -f.
-p <port>   Only flash devices located at the specified base
port address.  Port address must be in hexadecimal.
-d <0|1>    Only flash master, '0', or slave, '1', devices.
-v          Toggles verbose mode on/off.  Default is off.
-l          List supported family names and models

Thank you for your time,

Frank Russo

Do you have such instruction?Hoping you can the 1 : hair arrive my fuel tank inside is all right?

感谢大家这样的帮忙,谢谢大家。我想大家帮我找找,外国的硬碟维修论å›ï¼Œå¸Œæœ›ä½ ä»¬å¸®æˆ‘找找。因为我的英语水平ä¸å¤Ÿã€‚如果找到请把网站的地å€è´´åœ¨è¿™è´´ä¸Šï¼Œæˆ‘会æ¯å¤©æ¥çœ‹çš„。感谢大家

"Thank you to everyone; I am grateful for everyone's help. I need your help finding a website that contains this information, because my English isn't very good. I will be checking this thread daily, so if you could post the link here, I will see it. Thanks again for your help."

I'm missing the two characters after "ying4 die2 wei2 xiu1," but I think the rest is correct.

Do you have such instruction?Hoping you can the 1 : hair arrive my fuel tank inside is all right?

Look at page 8 for a list of commands, and section 8.1 through 8.X for their descriptions. I do not know which of the commands Seagate has implemented and how their implementation works (and I do not want to destroy a drive in order to find out).

http://www.t13.org/project/d1410r3a.pdf

Thank you for your time,

Frank Russo

Mickey! I can't take it anymore. :-) I've looked at this and looked at it. What do you think he's trying to say here:

Hoping you can the 1 : hair arrive my fuel tank inside is all right?

-- Rick

Mickey!  I can't take it anymore. :-)  I've looked at this and looked at it.  What do you think he's trying to say here:
Hoping you can the 1 : hair arrive my fuel tank inside is all right?

-- Rick

I'm guessing it's:

"I hope you are the one that can find method for me to make sure my drive is working right."

It's hard to say for certain w/o the actual characters and/or pinyin available. I'm going by how I suspect Babelfish is translating it one word at a time.