Rob94hawk

Recommend A Sata Pci Card For A Raptor Please

I Installed a Promise SATA150 TX2Plus to connect my 36 GB SATA Raptor and my Maxtor PATA backup drive. I've had no problems at all, it's stable and the Raptor benchmarks just like SR's review. It's also bootable. Good luck.

With a SiliconImage 3112-based card, you will get a substantial increase in I/O performance over the Promise card, not that those are bad but the SiI controller is just way faster and ... it is a native SATA controller without all the command overhead and extra latencies of a bridge solution.

With a SiliconImage 3112-based card, you will get a substantial increase in I/O performance over the Promise card, not that those are bad but the SiI controller is just way faster and ... it is a native SATA controller without all the command overhead and extra latencies of a bridge solution.

Who sells Silicon Image cards? Didn't see any on newegg or hypermicro. Thanx

Silicon Image make the chipsets, other manufacturers make cards based on those chipsets - much like nVidia. Check the websites for popular card manufacturers like Promise, Highpoint, 3Ware, LSI and see if they do any cards based on SI chips - I can't remember which ones do and which don't.

I've used both the Promise SATA150 FastTrack TX2Plus and the Promise SATA150 FastTrack TX4 in my i850e based mobo and both worked flawlessly and performance was *exactly* as expected. The only lacking feature is not being able to pass through SMART info but most RAID cards have issues.