supercaffeinated

You've Got 7 Days To Buy Dvd X Copy

so what if blanks are a buck?  ok, clarifying: has anybody here ever had a dvd destroyed (especially when handling/storing properly) and had to resort to a backup?

for my money, it's not worth $1 and my time to get a worse quality version of a disc i'll probably never break.

Your time is your time ,do with it as you want.For my money it is worth using Programs like DVD Shrink which produces a finished product that most people can't tell if it's pressed on burned on a pc.It's kinda like the old argument on The quality of an MP3 verus a pressed disk.Also a lot of people just like to use all this computing power we've got to burn movies and what not.Agreed $15 or $20 bucks is not a lot to pay for a good movie,but if we've got all this high tech stuff why not play with it.Agreed I too have never had a dvd go bad under normal use.It boils down to what you deem as having value to you and what you enjoy doing with your time and money.Last but not least we get to piss off the RIAA and MPAA :D

I just made a backup of 8-mile and watched the whole thing brom the backup, as I bought the original a while ago and never bothered to watch it. I did not notice any discernable flaws.

Hey, I guess I was taken by Oscar buzz that never happend. Not one for the theaters, but one for the home theater. It didn't quite live up to my expectations. I find it pretty funny that he cast Kim Bassinger as his mom. story.jpg

Bassinger=MILF!

SC: You can compress using DVD Shrink from the DVD-ROM drive, ie. ripping and compressing on the fly. You can't burn till it's all done. In any case, even if they could magically make DVDShrink go away, you can still use DVD Decrypter and others to get around CSS. Now when HD-DVD comes along I'm sure the studios will make a better effort at copy protection.

Give a small child access to a DVD for mere seconds and you can easily have an unplayable disc in your possesion. They get used to treating the AOL discs liks flying saucers and they can't tell the diff between that and your prized DVDs.