Sign in to follow this  
qawsedrftgzxcvb

Origion Of G-d

I've been depressed ever since I learned of little pieces of information.

1) Christian Gnostics (Mystical Christianity) believes that a great female created the Christian G-d of her own will.

2) In ancient Jewish texts there is hints that the Jewish G-d was a child of El. Modern Judiasm is monotheistic ancient was not (not polytheistic either).

If either is the case the Ogdoad could have created *g-d*.

In Judiasm the great diety is known as "I am that I am". G-d name, YHAH was translated incorrectly. Of course there are different names for G-d in Judiasm: Yahweh (mistranslated), El Shaddai, Elohim. In Christianity the name for G-d is Allaha (the only one I know). In Islam there are 99 characteristics of G-d one can refer to (ie "The Great merciful one", "G-d of fire" etc etc) but the most common one is Allah.

The Torah never said G-d created man. Quite the opposite it says 'gods created man'.

Many religions have 1 diety and the other are mere incarntions of that main diety or 1 main force and other incarnations of that force (ie Hinduism with Vishnu, Phenocianism with Anu).

Some religions say a human can even become a god.

Knowledge is a dangerous thing. :(

Of course I could go all out Buddhist and renouce gods totally.

Anyone have any idea of the origions of "g-d"?

A very sad...

-Qawsedrftgzxcvb

I would recommend looking at religions from far before then, pick the main diety, and compare it to the modernized version of god. One of them is bound to fit more closely than the rest. Who did the Sumarians worship?

Frank

Who did the Sumarians worship?

Nammu was the goddess of the primeval sea. She gave birth to Amu (the great god of heaven) and Ki (goddess of the earth). I do belive Amu is the Sumerian equal to RA. Probably most important yet underated by historians.

However the Sumerians dieties weren't really "gods" per se.

Egyptian:

Naunet is the goddess of the ocean's abyss (basically primeval sea). However she is not alone. Nun is her male counterpart with whom she has a son: Ptah.

Nun at Naunet are both Ogdoads. Ogdoads are insanely powerful gods. They 'were' before there were anyother beings. These beings have much to do with creation in Christian and many per-Christian faiths and play an important role in Kabbalism (mystical Judiasm).

However the Egpytian Diety Amun (or Amen) was also an Ogdoad. He was worshipped in Greece as Ammon (with his own Oracle, iirc). He may have links to the modern 'g-d': powerful and don't forget the name Amen.

The Ogdoad are all dead according to Egyptian myths and help with the Nile. Atum was not an Ogdoad but was born from an egg on an island the Ogdoads created. He was the creator god in Egyptian myths.

The oldest religon I know is the Hopi and the Tibetians. However I don't know if they would be willing to speak to me. Both would require a large road trip and both share common language (weired isn't it).

The bad side is that both keep their faiths pretty locked up. Plus there are many 'great spirits'. I just have to find the most powerful one.

Ah well. Thanks for listening, Frankie. Boy I miss my girlfriend.

does 'finding god' to you mean simply reading/hearing about him/her/it? i would suggest worshipping the sun, because that's probably the oldest god for humans.

I've been depressed ever since I learned of little pieces of information.

1) Christian Gnostics (Mystical Christianity) believes that a great female created the Christian G-d of her own will.

2) In ancient Jewish texts there is hints that the Jewish G-d was a child of El. Modern Judiasm is monotheistic ancient was not (not polytheistic either).

If either is the case the Ogdoad could have created *g-d*.

In Judiasm the great diety is known as "I am that I am". G-d name, YHAH was translated incorrectly. Of course there are different names for G-d in Judiasm: Yahweh (mistranslated), El Shaddai, Elohim. In Christianity the name for G-d is Allaha (the only one I know). In Islam there are 99 characteristics of G-d one can refer to (ie "The Great merciful one", "G-d of fire" etc etc) but the most common one is Allah.

The Torah never said G-d created man. Quite the opposite it says 'gods created man'.

Many religions have 1 diety and the other are mere incarntions of that main diety or 1 main force and other incarnations of that force (ie Hinduism with Vishnu, Phenocianism with Anu).

Some religions say a human can even become a god.

Knowledge is a dangerous thing.  :(

Of course I could go all out Buddhist and renouce gods totally.

A very sad...

-Qawsedrftgzxcvb

From the horses mouth you have proved that you know nothing of God or of life, for one cannot know one without having experienced the other imho.

You know only what you have read in some book or have been told by some professor.

Ironically therein lies the your answer to your own question as to what the origin of god is, at least as far as you are concerned, the origin of your god is your books. Have you found your God to be wanting? I should think so.

You know only what you have read in some book or have been told by some professor.

People eitehr teach you religion or you read up on it. How else do you learn? If you have an alternative let me know.

From the horses mouth you have proved that you know nothing of God or of life

Prove my points wrong. Remember the Torah is a plararism of Sumerian texts so quote your heart out from the Torah.

However bland your answer I do thank you.

You pointed out the simple fact that hunting for the origion of the Creator is a fruitless task. The Hopi say the Creator/Sustainer/Destroyer is all powerful. G-d has done nothing but helped me through my years. Why should I question G-d based on stories? Besides G-d has never let me down.

Thank you again, Mustafa

does 'finding god' to you mean simply reading/hearing about him/her/it? i would suggest worshipping the sun, because that's probably the oldest god for humans.

I was wondering if there was a possiblity I was worshipping the wrong diety

However there has never been such a diciplined divine entity before. Plus this one doesn't plage people with suffering if you don't believe.

Definitely. It sounds like you need a vacation. Perhaps club-med in Cancun?

Oh YEA! I've been toiling like a damned dog with damned people not showing up for damned work! I hate trying to be a nice guy.

People eitehr teach you religion or you read up on it. How else do you learn? If you have an alternative let me know.

I was speaking in reference to your knowledge of God - not of religion.

Prove my points wrong. Remember the Torah is a plararism of Sumerian texts so quote your heart out from the Torah.

Same answer as above.

God is not a creation of religion or of man. Study religion all you want and when you are through you will know plenty about religion yet very little more about God then you did when you first began. To believe otherwise is to believe that God favors one person over another, the educated over the uneducated.

However bland your answer I do thank you.

You pointed out the simple fact that hunting for the origion of the Creator is a fruitless task. The Hopi say the Creator/Sustainer/Destroyer is all powerful. G-d has done nothing but helped me through my years. Why should I question G-d based on stories? Besides G-d has never let me down.

Thank you again, Mustafa

My pleasure.

consider worshipping something that keeps you warm, sheltered, and alive. The sun is

one option that fits the bill nicely. Water is another.

A friend once told me whether you believe in something that is true or false, the action

of belief in something increases your longevity. Whatever you believe in stick to that,

as long as it keeps you 'sheltered' in times of trials and tribulations.

consider worshipping something that keeps you warm, sheltered, and alive. The sun is one option that fits the bill nicely. Water is another.

Praying to objects is forbidden virtually by all religions. You're supposed to worship the power behind it. This holds true for pagan or otherwise.

The power of prayer is also dangerous.

A friend once told me whether you believe in something that is true or false, the action of belief in something increases your longevity.

It's true. Remeber practice makes you better regardless of the situation. Faith is no different. I've noticed that people who are deeply spiritual have their prayers answered quicker and with greater accuracy.

Also remember whatever you believe is true, it's your world. None can change what you believe and none be in your world.

Whatever you believe in stick to that,

as long as it keeps you 'sheltered' in times of trials and tribulations.

You're right. Those ancient beings might be dead. Gods may be immortal but they are not eternal. Most 'polythestic' faiths have gods that are instances of their main creator diety. Native Americans believe that the Great Spirit is all there is and other spirits are mere incarnations of the Great Spirit.

Most dieties even other religions had dieties that had problems and had political problems with other gods or mortals. However, Allaha didn't start petty fights over card games or start wars over how nice his/her temples look. G-d has sacrificed much for us. It's only fair he/she gets a little bit of holy time from us.

I am sticking to the Great Spirit. G-d has never let me down. I don't plan on giving up on G-d.

There is no god and never was.

Most people believe in a god because they where "born" with it. From day 1 they are teached by force if necessary, what to do and to believe in god. So usually those people are stuck with it for life.

So yes, when having problems those people have something to hold on too. Still this is because that person has a weak mind and therefore can easily be controlled by third parties.

As i said before, lets throw out religion and get a better world.

There is no god and never was.

Most people believe in a god because they where "born" with it. From day 1 they are teached by force if necessary, what to do and to believe in god. So usually those people are stuck with it for life.

So yes, when having problems those people have something to hold on too. Still this is because that person has a weak mind and therefore can easily be controlled by third parties.

So you're telling me the ancient people (who gave us math, insanely accurate calanders, and architechture) are all crazy?

I've seen a Wiccan spell work before my eyes. I know there is some truth to it.

However you do have 1 good thing going for you f_vo, if you don't believe the less it affects you.

When was the last time someone followed religious laws? The laws are good if followed, but they are never followed.

religion is extremely pervasive in usa law. marriage disputes, states barring liquor sales on sunday, swearing on the bible in court, etc. it's not a religious legal system, but it still has a large basis in it.

"So you're telling me the ancient people (who gave us math, insanely accurate calanders, and architechture) are all crazy?"

It is not because the ancient people did not know any better that we must continue to do so.

Let' s throw out electricity and continue to warm the house (or the place we live in) with wood, because afterall if the ancient people did so, why don't we.

And for the record it is not because you believe in god or whatever, that you are an idiot, but you are vulnerable....in the mind.

You find it ok, that technology progresses in every way, but no, please, do NOT teach religion. Now in my book this is "ancient people" talk.

And for the record it is not because you believe in god or whatever, that you are an idiot, but you are vulnerable....in the mind.

More explanation please.... I'm curious. I really have to laugh when I hear/see "Belief in God" and "weak mind" in the same context.

I find it hilarious that 20th (now 21st) century man is the best, brightest, most intellectual in history. The Mayans have been gone for how long and their calendar system is still accurate - without this leap year nonsense.

We are discovering that Egyptians electroplated gold thousands of years ago - they used wet cell batteries and capacitors. They also had a short-range wired messaging system. *Long* before the Telegraph.

As I recall, items that may have been used as piezo-electric speakers have been found in digs (gold and bronze plates with "interesting" residue).

Chinese folks had rockets and wired communcations thousands of years before the Industrial revolution of the Western (Eurocentric) world.

Sidetracked there a bit....

The Bible holds many names for God. The two most common are probably: Elohiym and Jehovah.

It should not be a surprise that Jewish texts contain alot from Sumeria since the orginal Hebrews came from Sumeria.

Personally, I am not aware of the Torah speaking of "gods", in reference to the God of Abraham (formerly known as Abram ;) )

I have always been baffled by the statement: The God of Christianity is not the God of Judaeism. Seems pretty clear to me.

History is a fascinating thing, but modern history can be flawed due to lack of written/documented ancient history.

But hey, nVidia claims to have made the first GPU and AMD/Apple thinks they mad the first 64-bit desktop. That proves people cannot even go back 10 years to discover the truth. :D

Finally, regarding learning about God firsthand.

Good in theory but not always good in practice. Remember God killed people for touching his stuff after he told them not to. He didn't say "Um, dude, what did I say?" God ordered the elimination of people that did not believe in/on him.

Plenty is said about the good side of God, but people "forget" that God is eternal and *never* changing. This is the same God that gets angry, jealous, etc.

So, it would be best to learn some things second hand. HA!

Anti-religion & pro-faith,

Dogeared

8^)

Science is the same way. Science bends and breakers laws to fill in gaps it can't find evidence for.

I doubt you know truely religious people. They seem very dedicated and they aren't weak minded at all. Who is to say those who believe in science isn't weak minded.?

The Bible holds many names for God. The two most common are probably: Elohiym and Jehovah.

Jehova isn't correct. The name was translated incorrectly. The Jewish name for G-d was only to be spoken by temple priests at the temple.

It should not be a surprise that Jewish texts contain alot from Sumeria since the orginal Hebrews came from Sumeria.

The Torah is partly a plagarism of Sumerian texts.

Personally, I am not aware of the Torah speaking of "gods",

The gods created man. The word gods used in that context of that specific passage should not have existed according to the gramatical rules of ancient Hewbrew.

I have always been baffled by the statement: The God of Christianity is not the God of Judaeism.

:huh:

Good in theory but not always good in practice.

Logic dictates reason. Why did G-d kill? Punishment for the wicked? To wipe out religions what worshipped beings who were causing others problems?

G-d wanted people dead, but there is always a really good reason.

"Um, dude, what did I say?" God ordered the elimination of people that did not believe in/on him.

Not true. G-d doesn't seem to care if you don't believe in him. Those who were converted were usually worshipping other gods that caused people problems or people who have fallen terribly from their origional faith.

Plenty is said about the good side of God, but people "forget" that God is eternal and *never* changing.

I totally disagree. The notion you'll stay in heaven is very very recent. Most faiths say you'll be reborn. The heavens were just a nice place for you to stay until you're reborn. G-d also changes the impact of karma depending on the time. For example: at the end of this cycle the karma points are multipled by a factor of 10 (long story). This is a rare event. G-d had to change this because the other gods are all bound by karma.

This is the same God that gets angry, jealous, etc.

Angry, yes. Jealous... of what?

-Moo-

It is highly probable that without religion, the Scripture in particular, Galileo Galilei

could have proliferated his idea of the heliocentric universe, with a rotating yet locally

stationary star (which he adopted from Copernicus' book De revolutionibus, and

"which dated all the way back to Pythagoras in the sixth century B.C., was later

upheld by Plato in his old age, and also adopted by Aristarchus of Samos, as reported

by Archimedes in the Sand-reckoner").1 and the the fact that the heavenly

objects were not heavenly at all but had mountains and roughed terrains. Yet to satisfy

the demands of the Inquisition, he was forced to abandon his theory. Here's a well

known quote: "Religion tells one how to go to Heaven, not how Heaven goes."

*It's somewhat odd that there were Jesuits, who I suppose would believe in Judaism,

were pondering forms of interpretation of the Scripture, as well as arguments to

discredit Galileo's theory. There were also some who believed what they saw from

the telescope.

Then later, we have Newton who "searched feverously through the Book of Daniel

to find the location of Heaven, and topography of Hell." And his main drive was "to

prove astronimical data to correspond with events in the bible."2

Also, he reserved publishing his theories, in fear of punishment for religious leaders.

Only after Leibniez publish his works did Newton publish his own, which accumulated

to his book Philosophiae naturalis principia mathematica.

These are both universally known, respected, and highly acclaimed and accredited theorists.

Newton in calculus and theoretical physics, and Galileo in theoretical and experimental

physics. Both believed in God, and religion as a topic greater than their 'trivial matters' of

discovery (in comparison). And not suprisingly, both lived in fear that their discoveries

would cause great revisions, reinterpretations, or simply disbelief from Higher authorities.

So in these cases, yes it hinders one to abide by religion, but to believe in it can reinforce

your duties and create a flow of discipline in your activities.

1 - Sobel Dava, Galileo's Daughter pp. 68-69

2 - Anton Howard, Calculus and Analyical Geometry, 6th Ed. Preface.

I doubt you know truely religious people. They seem very dedicated and they aren't weak minded at all. Who is to say those who believe in science isn't weak minded.?"

If i know truly religious people (which i do, considering i know a few pastors, unless you say they are not religious, but then who is...) is not an issue here.

Why?

First of all this is personal and has nothing to do with what i say....

Religious people are NOT weak minded, they have a strange believe in what THEY consider to be IT.

What does this tell us?

They firmly believe in what can be ANY god, ANY reigion. Does this mean they are right? NO, in my opinion they are wrong unless someone in the world (not only on the board) proofs me wrong....

As an example, i can start my own religion, create my own god (having only a few followers, again not the issue here) and strongly believe that i am right ....WITH A STRONG MIND.

Hello...... :blink:

They firmly believe in what can be ANY god, ANY reigion. Does this mean they are right? NO, in my opinion they are wrong unless someone in the world (not only on the board) proofs me wrong....

Reality is within the eye of the beholder.

As an example, i can start my own religion, create my own god (having only a few followers, again not the issue here) and strongly believe that i am right ....WITH A STRONG MIND.

Your religion wouldn't be divine.

quote f_vo:

"You find it ok, that technology progresses in every way, but no, please, do NOT teach religion. Now in my book this is "ancient people" talk. "

It should read touch instead of teach, i hope you all know that. :o

Impossible for you to say OR proof and an answer ...."blabla"....

Divinity is very possible to say. Just because you can't emphirically measure it doesn't mean you can't find its existance.