larciel

Anyone's 7k250 Dying Yet?

well, to cut long story short. i have two 180gb 7k250s in RAID 0 / about 140gb filled w/ music/etc etc

today, i'm hearing this 'beeee.. eek!' 'beeeee eeek!' from those hitachi drives! (when i'm doing intesive hard tasks.. (downloading at 150KB and running exe from the HD at the same time)

still, that isn't that intensive to make a HD go kaput.. right?

i'm just furious and puzzled what to do with my data before the HD goes away...

ahhh this reminds me of those lovely 75gxps i had in RAID 0 ...

so anyone experiencing same problem w/ 7k250?

the previous guy

Oh please...

You may always address me as YourMajesty/HisMajesty, Sir, Sire, My Lord, My Liege, HMTK or even plainly "he" but the previous guy just doesn't cut it. I might be able to live with The Previous Guy but only on a good day.

Be warned!!!

;)

can you post the sound?

the new IBM drives do make a noise, and to someone not familiar it might be disconcerting. But the proof is in the pudding.

We have 16 of these in 120G form - 8 each in Rorke Galaxyi RAIDs - and they have been fine. Rorke specs these Hitachi drives specifically, I think they are all they use, and they are one of the higer-end RAID manufacturers so that seems like a pretty good endorsement.

You don't have any right to complain about lost data if you're running RAID 0 without a backup.

Exactly!

But when he does lose his data off that stripe, he'll probably complain that Hitachi sucks because they won't help him get his data off the drives for him. ;)

wow, i'm really surprised at harsh response, but i think that means you guys really like the hitachi drives..

who said i'm complaining ? .. i'm just asking if anyone hears same noise as mine.

and I'm not going to complain to hitachi if i lose data. i know perfectly the risk of RAID 0 and i know how to back up. I'm the only one to blame if i was too lazy to back up my data

only complain i have is towards people like clocker who opens his mouth without thinking twice about the other party whom he's blaming

Nah, don't think of it as a harsh response. People sometimes seem to be set off by use of RAID0 in any talk about possible data loss.

I think clocker was more subtly making fun of others in the past that have been in a similar situation because some did exactly what he said. He should probably still be killed for it, but just wanted to let you know.

Well at least there is a 3 year warranty on these drives as opposed to the 3 second warranty on all others.... and no Mr Fabulous has not experienced any problems in raid 0 set up..... but then again.... I am Mr Fabulous