Prof.Wizard

Blair And Bush Up For Nobel Prize

How you construe his character as "lame" or "cowardly" is beyond reason accessible to me. On President Bush, his cabinet was exceptionally bold, competent, and even lucky in rallying the voters behind his foreign policies. "Lame" and "cowardly" are highly unlikely to be used by historians in describing his behavior. Apparently you have too much emotionally invested in using the "lame" and "coward" descriptives against your perceived political targets. Suggest you study the more usefully objective criticisms of the Coalition leaders.

The funny thing is that I see more and more info surfacing regarding how "lame" and "coward" Bush really was... whistle.gif

http://www.awolbush.com/ :D

BTW, I was reading that in the free "Metro" paper today. Kerry was risking his skin when Bush was doing his Natonal Guard tour...

-------------------------------

Regarding Blair, he is a great internal reformer, no doubt the biggest after Thatcher. But in this ridiculous war he never raised his head to deny the "mighty USA" a military intervention, as most of the rest big EU countries did.

Check the yellow pages for a good shrink.  You really, desperately need one.

i completely agree with you on that!

Give the guy a break. He's concerned about his country's culture and heritage. I could be wrong but I think he has children for whom he is very concerned as well. His hostility is perfectly understandable if you ask me.

Not everything which which falls outside the tyranical confines of political correctness is hate or insanity.

Apparently Kerry was risking his skin in other ways lately. Some very *sensitive skin.*

ROFL!

Then he gives the gal money to leave the country for a couple years. *sigh*

Guess that's what he meant when he said "...wait til you see Kerry Gone Wild!"

That was directed at his mistress.

I have not seen the evidence that Bush deserted. I hear a lot about it, but have not seen anything.

For all we know he was being held captive by evironmentalists in Arkansas.

If he was a deserter, would not that be the biggest play in the election?

*NO ONE* would vote for a deserter.

If there was a shred of truth to it the Democrats would be all over it.

Besides our last President ditched the draft.

Every time I hear these slicksters talk about Vietnam, I picture John Goodman in the movie "The Big Lebowski"

Why doesn't Kerry come on out and say it: "Hey! My buddies didn't die face down in the mud in Vietnam so that some good ol' boy could be president."

Dogeared

8^)

I have not seen the evidence that Bush deserted.  I hear a lot about it, but have not seen anything.

For all we know he was being held captive by evironmentalists in Arkansas.

If he was a deserter, would not that be the biggest play in the election?

*NO ONE* would vote for a deserter. 

If there was a shred of truth to it the Democrats would be all over it.

maybe they are saving it for just before the election... i think timing is everything, since people would have forgotten it by the time that they went (or not!!) to the election booth.

anyway, I do not like Bush at all. I think Kerry is ok, but since I am not American, I cannot vote. At least, I will kick my GF's ass so that she goes and votes this time around...

The funny thing is that I see more and more info surfacing regarding how "lame" and "coward" Bush really was...

http://www.awolbush.com/ :D

BTW, I was reading that in the free "Metro" paper today. Kerry was risking his skin when Bush was doing his Natonal Guard tour...

The really funny thing is that much of the stuff on your fringe site tends to characterize G. Bush less as cowardly than as smart and resourceful - a college graduate who found an advantageous way to lighten his service load. Which allegations are still mostly uncorroborated by reputable sources, mind you. Compared to Candidate Kerry, Bush's personal service record looks rather weak. But then so do the records of 99% of Americans anyway, including most current members of Congress FYI. Compared to any President after WWII, Bush's record as a winning wartime President against hostile regimes is strong and this is what counts the most in foreign affairs. OTOH he seeks only to be popular in his own country and apparently doesn't care too much what the rest of the world thinks of it. Which IMHO is a refreshing change from previous Imperial Presidents who expected all the world to be their friends, like the Emperors of old.

Regarding Blair, he is a great internal reformer, no doubt the biggest after Thatcher. But in this ridiculous war he never raised his head to deny the "mighty USA" a military intervention, as most of the rest big EU countries did.

You are likely right about PM Blair being a great reformer especially in UK politics. His unwavering courage in confronting genocidal tyrants despite popular opposition strikes me as a strong net positive. He makes for a solid ally in both bad as well good turns and in today's messy world such steadfastness is worth something. Especially after the quick and decisive victories against those fascist mobs in Afghanistan and Iraq.

"Every time I hear these slicksters talk about Vietnam, I picture John Goodman in the movie "The Big Lebowski""

Now if it was Clinton instead of Goodman, it could have said the "Blow Lewinsky" :lol:

The really funny thing is that much of the stuff on your fringe site tends to characterize G. Bush less as cowardly than as smart and resourceful - a college graduate who found an advantageous way...

Yeah right. Using his influental father and his money waq quite resourceful. :rolleyes:

You are likely right about PM Blair being a great reformer especially in UK politics. His unwavering courage in confronting genocidal tyrants despite popular opposition strikes me as a strong net positive.

Why don't you make him a honorary American citizen then? We don't want him here, all yours!

He was stupid that's all. I'm sure if he could turn back time he wouldn't have made the same choices. Now he has lost the game and will probably be remembered for his pathetic America-ass-leaking policies rather his internal reforms. A shame.

ass-leaking

This sounds really disgusting. Some new form of diarrhea?

Hehehe... lol. Maybe that too. You never know how these cowards will react! :rolleyes::P

Ass-licking for sure though!

Yeah right. Using his influental father and his money waq quite resourceful.

These theories are so interesting, but we musn't forget that Bush's father was not yet President or even a Cabinet official at the time. Remember, claims are only as good as the sources used to substantiate them. AFAIK nothing in these allegations have been substantiated in a likely manner by reputable media or persons. And the political opposition remains silent, which should be very telling.

Why don't you make him a honorary American citizen then? We don't want him here, all yours!

He was stupid that's all. I'm sure if he could turn back time he wouldn't have made the same choices. Now he has lost the game and will probably be remembered for his pathetic America-ass-leaking policies rather his internal reforms. A shame.

Blair stupid? Lost the "game"? You will understand if I am doubtful on both counts. Blair has proved himself a consumate politician and has been written off before when he was much less established. For a while last year, it did seem he had publicly bitten off more than he could chew. But ever since the BBC came away with a shaken reputation on the fiasco of the "sexed-up dossier" allegations, I've ceased to underestimate him as so many commonly do. And since the rogue regimes of the world have become less roguish due to Blair's and Bush's leadership, you must understand it is no longer so easy to politically dismiss the both of them.

As for your suggestion of making Blair an honorary American, that's just too rich a slant for me. Besides, he already possesses perfectly good British citizenship and he likely won't care for the extra paperwork.

Prof.,

Could be worse... he could have used his Dad's money and influence to get into medical school... hey - wait a minute... that's what you did isn't it?

Prof.,

Could be worse... he could have used his Dad's money and influence to get into medical school... hey - wait a minute... that's what you did isn't it?

it is interesting how you always resort to personal attacks instead of arguing points.

Prof.,

it is interesting how you always resort to personal attacks instead of arguing points.

What is this? "Look who's talking too" ? Who was it when at a loss to respond to my points in the thread about "Islam preaching violence" who dismissed everything I said as being "hate speech"? That was you wasn't it?

BTW - What do you consider Prof's remarks about Bush and Blair to be if not personal attacks? And profane personal attacks at that! Why no comment about him?

These theories are so interesting, but we musn't forget that Bush's father was not yet President or even a Cabinet official at the time.

He was ascending the same by that time. And his personal/family wealth were beyond doubt. Anyway, when you see smoke, expect fire.

Blair stupid? Lost the "game"?

You are obviously way to far from contemporary British population sentiments. The only reason Blair is still in power is that the Torries don't have a better alternative to present and because of his undoubtfully good internal policy.

-Yup... it's a Greek thing alright.

-Yeah right. Using his influental father and his money waq quite resourceful.

These were two low personal attacks without real content, you know that Mustafa.

I'm beginning to think you might be *not* Tannin afterall. Tannin even in disagreement was gentle and polite. :(

It's a shame you resort to unjustified personal attacks cause you're out of arguments.

BTW - What do you consider Prof's remarks about Bush and Blair to be if not personal attacks? And profane personal attacks at that! Why no comment about him?

We're getting OT here. We're talking about Bush & Blair getting the peace prize and half-EU (should I say most?) agrees this would be something outrageous.

I'm not the webmaster behind AWOL Bush sites, but I cite them since they can be used for our cowardness argument.

So simple. :)

-Yup... it's a Greek thing alright.

-Yeah right. Using his influental father and his money waq quite resourceful.

These were two low personal attacks without real content, you know that Mustafa.

I'm beginning to think you might be *not* Tannin afterall. Tannin even in disagreement was gentle and polite. :(

It's a shame you resort to unjustified personal attacks cause you're out of arguments.

Where's the content in -

Hehehe... lol. Maybe that too. You never know how these cowards will react!

Ass-licking for sure though!

Calling people stupid or cowards does not qualify as "content". And as far as being rude goes, you've written the book on it around here Prof including your latest thread about the difference between the EU and the US - not to mention your profanity in this thread.

If you can't take it Prof.... don't dish it out.