Sign in to follow this  
Olaf van der Spek

Freebsd, G++ And Mysql Headers And Libraries

And I don't have mysql_config.

My bad; mysql_config is not included in the client port, only in the server. Another question for the maintainer?

this has gotten me more curious about make (something i like to screw around with even for network administration automation stuff).  isn't there an IFDEF for make that you could use for fbsd?

You could so something like

or take action based on whether or not "uname -o | grep -i freebsd" returns anything. There are probably prettier ways of doing this.

this has gotten me more curious about make (something i like to screw around with even for network administration automation stuff).  isn't there an IFDEF for make that you could use for fbsd?

you can tailor to something to this measure using the application's Makefile.

MYSQL_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include/mysql

.if !defined (ON_FREEBSD5)
 MYSQL_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include
.endif

ON_FREEBSD5 is of course can be specified as an environment option or gmake argument ie:

make -DON_FREEBSD5=yes install clean

I'm trying to get my server app to compile 'out-of-the-box' on FreeBSD. So asking users to make symlinks doesn't sound like a good idea. I was hoping to be able to use the same makefile for FreeBSD as I use for Linux, but I guess that'll not work. Too bad.

Well you could try having your application use GNU gmake instead of BSD make.

I'm trying to get my server app to compile 'out-of-the-box' on FreeBSD. So asking users to make symlinks doesn't sound like a good idea. I was hoping to be able to use the same makefile for FreeBSD as I use for Linux, but I guess that'll not work. Too bad.

Well you could try having your application use GNU gmake instead of BSD make.

gmake isn't installed.