Sign in to follow this  
f_vo

Criminals Should Not Be Boss Over Their Own Body..

Wouldn't taking anything (even a blood "donation") from an unwilling participant

constitute a violation of the Hippocratic Oath? What about the cruelty of making

medical professionals go against the very ethical beliefs that keep them in practice? 

Reminds me of the story of Dr W.C. Minor

No.

No.

Erm, I mean yes! :P

Seriously no, but what if it was in an agreement with the goverment by giving them the choice of less years if they "contribute" to the medical community and with work?

Well, i was only starting a topic. Of course 90 % disagree here (or more).

1) But if it is YOU that would need help, would you accept the kidney from a convicted killer?

2) I it was your wife or child the criminal killed, would you mind here?

3) In some US states death penalty still exists. Would it not be better to take a kidney then a life?

f_vo, I think this might have went a little more in your favor if you suggested using criminal volunteers, and perhaps taking time off their sentence in exchange for their "donation". As much as I might like to do what you say, and undoubtably a lot of these scum in prisons deserve it, in the end doing this would make us no better than the criminals. There are better ways to get a criminal to repay society, and more importantly to rehabilitate.

I do favor abandoning any semblance of humane treatment or judicial procedure for certain types of criminals, especially terrorists. However, practicality dictates this more than revenge as I regard terrorists as enemy combatants who should be terminated with extreme prejudice at the first available opportunity. However, simple murderers and rapists at least should get a choice as to whether or not to donate body parts. Some condemned murderers have in fact voluntarily donated body parts. I'm not sure if this is still possible with lethal injection. I tend to think the parts would get contaminated by the poisons. It is certainly possible with electrocution, firing squad, and hanging, but by and large those methods aren't used anymore.

Although I would probably change my mind if I were faced with only death as an alternative, I wouldn't be thrilled about the prospect of receiving a convicted killer's organs transplanted inside of me.

Some people believe that complex living creatures like ourselves are the combination of "swams" of various types of creatures (cells) that make up the different parts of our bodies, and that each part of our bodies can act somewhat independantly.

I'm not saying having a murderer's liver or kidney would make you a murderer... but if that murderer was also a cannibal, it might make you crave human flesh or something weird like that. Murderers and other serious criminals are defective personalities.

Although most people would assume that the defect which caused them to become criminal was in their mind, that's certainly not a given.

Well, i was only starting a topic. Of course 90 % disagree here (or more).

1) But if it is YOU that would need help, would you accept the kidney from a convicted killer?

2)  I it was your wife or child the criminal killed, would you mind here?

3) In some US states death penalty still exists. Would it not be better to take a kidney then a life?

1) Only if it was given voluntarily. In return for a reduced sentence for example.

2) Same answer.

3) No. Neither one is right in my opinion.

ok, i say my last thing here then:

1) if someone kills my only child (deliberately), that one gets killled also......(yeah i know, i am shocking you, right?)

2) murderers should not be able to control their own after-kill life.

3) it is wrong to take organs from a killer that should be killed....... at least he stays alive and your wife or nearby family NOT.

4) not wanting an organ from a killer, needs to be seen seperately from what he did. You will not turn into a cannibal if he was.

5) it is easy to say that you would refuse a kidney from a criminal, hopefully you will never need one. Suppose only that one of a criminal is available. (Your choice then)

If it was to accept an organ from a killer or to die, what would you choose?

:blink: