Sign in to follow this  
VIKINGMAN

Soltek MB, SCSI-Raid + more...

Hi all.

Been using, reading and answering this forum for years now. The expert-capacity is overwhelming. :rolleyes:

I've now come to a point, where I need to get a few ansers, so fire away:

1. What's the quality of Soltek MB's? In particular SL-86SPE-L. Anyone have any links to tests of this MB?

2. Been using SCSI for years now, I'm about to experiment with RAID-0. Anything I shall be aware of setting this up? It'll be an Adaptec 29320-R controller and these two drives: Seagate's - ST318432 and ST318452.

Thanx in advance.

V

- - - - - -

System: ASUS P2B-S, Intel Celeron 1,4 GHz (socket 370), 1 GB SDRAM, 2 x Seagate X15, 1 x Seagate 10,000 rpm, 1 x Seagate 6,5 Medalist Pro, Plextor Premium, Plextor PX-116A (DVD), Plextor TS-32, Matrox G550, SB 64 Value.

Although your stated card is an Adaptec U320 card, I can tell you that with my LSI Logic Dual Channel MegaRAID card I had major compatibility problems with a Soltek SL-DRV4 (? something like that) motherboard, albeit older. It would boot up, but after about 2-3 minutes it would lock up or reboot or whatever. It was using a KT266A chipset, but once I moved to an MSI K7T266Pro2-RU (also a KT266A chipset) I had no compatibility problems at all. Just my 2 cents... <_<