Darking

It has arrived!

yah i recieved it today, it looks sweet, just need to find a way to mount it in my case, gonna have to build something to set it on, or the cables will be almost too short to reach the motherboard..

And need to buy myselves 5 Y molex splitters, since the 10 on the PSU aint enough ;)

Darking

helpful hint - most Molex 4-pin 5.25in-bay power-splitters tend to be unreliable in the long-term. Use some hot-glue (gun and glue sticks available at any arts-and-craafts store, usually), and hot-glue the molex of the "Y"-splitter to the molex coming off of the power-supply. This should hold them together, and keep them from loosening/disconnecting unexpectedly during use. (Thermal expansion/contraction and case vibration, over very long-term periods, can do amazing things to connectors that don't have positive-hold latches on them.)

(Honestly, I'm surprised that no-one's come out with a "locking molex" connector yet, for use on HDs and power leads. That damn little connector, is probably one of the most-hated in PC assembler's history.)

(Honestly, I'm surprised that no-one's come out with a "locking molex" connector yet, for use on HDs and power leads. That damn little connector, is probably one of the most-hated in PC assembler's history.)

I agree, and then there are the ones you need pliers to get off sometimes because they are way to tight. What about SATA connectors themselves? I havn't actually used any but they sure look small and weak. Do they have a notch that keeps them connected?

well some of the newer ones have, the older SATA data connectors didnt, and fell off way to easily the new ones, that came with the 3ware controllers, sits hard and firm (i think WD invented the securelock thing), the SATA power connectors im pretty sure has the same problem, since they dont have the little locking mechanisme the data connectors have.

Darking