3 Team Norway (Norge) 5,344 106,880

4 Team Storagereview.c... 3,378 67,560

5 Ars Technica Team Fr... 2,981 59,620

6 Team MacNN 1,657 33,140

7 Denmark 1,647 32,940

8 AMD Users 1,557 31,140

9 RIVA Station 1,434 28,680

10 Team Ninja 1,426 28,520

Also the 4th ranked team in the past week and up to 59th of all time. We added members and quite a few nodes today.

Way to go TSR!!!

Just joined as member 44. (Die Die). <-- Hmm, what a number. I guess no one join until I took this number. :huh: Kudos to number 13. :lol:

Btw, I have these questions:

1) How to check the Conformant/sec and Confidants/sec? Is the diffference only related to "Confirmant x 20=Conformant"?

2) Why is it so long for my PC to finish the Computing Docking Grid process? :huh:

Thanks.

Well, we just broke over a year of total docking time. Not bad for 10 days work ;)

Ive added a few machines myself:

1 x p4 2.4Ghz (my workstation, runs all the time)

1 x 2x 2.0Ghz xeon with 2 clients running( a test server)

1 x 3200+ AMD (another workstation)

1x 1800+ AMD (my computer at home)

why oh why, do i have the cool gear at work, and stinker at home.. im a poor sob.

Darking

Ps. If i find more, ill add more

Just joined as member 44. (Die Die). <-- Hmm, what a number. I guess no one join until I took this number.  :huh:  Kudos to number 13.  :lol:

1) How to check the Conformant/sec and Confidants/sec? Is the diffference only related to "Confirmant x 20=Conformant"?

2) Why is it so long for my PC to finish the Computing Docking Grid process? :huh:

Thanks.

First off, welcome recca99 to StorageReview and to Team Storagereview.com! We appreciate your participation in our forum community and on the team. :)

I didn't catch that relationship between candidates and conformers. Math worked the same on mine too. I posted a question here. We'll see what answers we get.

Regarding the time for docking, I found this in the D2OL FAQ's that I think answers your question:

Why does it take so long to dock a drug Candidate?

Each docking is actually very rapid, but we need to test different configurations of the candidate on the active site of the larger Target molecule. By orienting and twisting the bonds of the small molecule we actually create millions of 3 dimensional configurations of the candidate (Conformers) that need to be docked before we can determine what structure produces the lowest docking energy. As a result, the entire exhaustive process can take a few hours per candidate.

Hopefully that answers your question. If not, please let me know.

Again, welcome to SR and to TSR!

Bob

Recca99,

I think I found the answer:

"We generate enough conformers per candidate to ensure that our client nodes produce valid data. For all current targets we have determined that 20 conformers per candidate will ensure the validity of this data. For future targets, however, we may find the need to adjust this set number of conformers generated up or down."

The entire thread can be found here.

Bob

I joined yesterday!

I added my Barton 2500+ (12 min candidate / 35 sec conformer) and 1.3GHz celeron (SFF kids machine - 25 min candidate / 1:20 min conformer).

Also temorarily running on my father in-law's machine to burn it in.

Anyone knows how to remove a node? I had to reinstall the software on one of the machines, so now it shows a node with 0 activity on it (probably killing my avg).

never mind.... must had been blind... the [del] was right next to it! duh!

Go team StorageReview!

Well done team, we've made top 50 :)

I also think we've injected some life in the project; our arrival at/near the top of the daily stats seems to have motivated some of the other top teams. It looks like we're stuck at about number 5 in the daily stats. We need more nodes!!

I wonder how we would go as a team if one of these projects relied on hard drive performance? Now that would surely put us in an unstoppable position B)

Just joined the team. I've been running D2OL for more than a year now, and I haven't been on any team yet. I think D2OL is a great project, and I hope that they (we) actually find a cure for one of those diseases.

Just joined the team. I've been running D2OL for more than a year now, and I haven't been on any team yet. I think D2OL is a great project, and I hope that they (we) actually find a cure for one of those diseases.

Welcome to SR and Team SR Harijs! Thanks so much for bringing in all your work and adding your 6 nodes to our effort.

I think you'll find there is a great of folks here on these forums....much less "noise" than you find at so many sites. And these folks here know they're stuff when it comes to storage and most other computer related stuff.

I was wondering how we suddenly jumped to 41st all time when we were 49th just a little earlier today. :lol:

Again, welcome and thanks for joining the team!

Bob

Well, I'm @ #6 and dropping fast...c'mon! Kick my @ss!

I'm not slowing down, but you guys are speeding up.....looking good ;)

#41 of all time!

I haven't even orderd them yet, unfortunatly. I'm having some issues securing a property in downtown monterey. I have several servers, but the noise is too much to run 24/7. My housemate would kill me. All 5 of my current nodes are active as we speak.

That's an interesting question.....One of my nodes no longer exists, the machine was scrapped. Should I delete the node? If I do, will I lose the numbers it generated?

e_dawg - I'm sure none of that will be an issue, and of course you can have access to my profile.  I just took 10th place and am trying like hell to beat Eugene out of his 9th place spot ;)

Mars,

Thank you for your interest. Clocker, thanks for your assurances. Eugene also let me know that you were a member at SR under a different username. But before I commit to your proposal, I need to sort out my CPU situation first.

I noticed that a tiny piece of the the corner of the Palomino 1800's core has been chipped. I must have used too much force wrestling with the stupid clip on my HSF. When my new motherboard arrives, I want to run some tests to make sure it is 100% operational before I make either CPU available.

I am also considering a tentative proposal from Eugene that might involve using one of the CPU's for both providing SR services as well as for D2OL. The fact that it could be used for two very worthy purposes would give the proposal priority.

So, stay tuned... I will let you know what's going on when I am able to run some tests. Just to let you know, I expect this process to take another 1-2 weeks.

If there is a use for SR, then of course you should go that route - I was having stability issues with the MB I was thinking of using that I forgot about as well.

Team-

We're doing a great job. Currently ranked 35th overall and 5th most productive for today. We are close on the heels of Team Anandtech in productivity (TeamAT has 2571 today and we have 2554).

Great work all and welcome to our 47th member...grantschoep!! (?)

I decided to join today with my Linux computer that runs 24x7. Most of the time it's idle anyway until someone asks for a web page. :)

Do I need to stay logged in with the screen locked for this to keep running? I logged out once and it seemed to finish whatever it was on and then quit. I need to be able to stop it easily when I use it as a game server occasionally. (As this is friendly on the CPU use it's not a problem, but my outgoing bandwidth is slow.)

I think their web site could use info on how to run this as a background task, how to tell it that you'd like to pause for awhile, etc.

I did add myself to our group; hope that helps. For now I'll just be locking the screen instead of logging out. I will also check their web site for more info.

Thanks

does anyone know if DDOL client can be configured to login to a proxy server? I have a development server and pc which is moderately used during the day and idling at night. I can't configure a username/password to get through the proxy server.

I decided to join today with my Linux computer that runs 24x7.  Most of the time it's idle anyway until someone asks for a web page.  :)

Do I need to stay logged in with the screen locked for this to keep running?  I logged out once and it seemed to finish whatever it was on and then quit.  I need to be able to stop it easily when I use it as a game server occasionally.  (As this is friendly on the CPU use it's not a problem, but my outgoing bandwidth is slow.)

I think their web site could use info on how to run this as a background task, how to tell it that you'd like to pause for awhile, etc.

I did add myself to our group; hope that helps.  For now I'll just be locking the screen instead of logging out.  I will also check their web site for more info.

Thanks

Thanks and WELCOME Krusher!

C

I decided to join today with my Linux computer that runs 24x7.  Most of the time it's idle anyway until someone asks for a web page.  :)

Do I need to stay logged in with the screen locked for this to keep running?  I logged out once and it seemed to finish whatever it was on and then quit.  I need to be able to stop it easily when I use it as a game server occasionally.  (As this is friendly on the CPU use it's not a problem, but my outgoing bandwidth is slow.)

I did add myself to our group; hope that helps.  For now I'll just be locking the screen instead of logging out.  I will also check their web site for more info.

Thanks

You can stop the Task Engine from the system tray in the Windows client. A right click is all it takes. I don't know about the Linux client.

When you go to stop the engine take a look where you're at (# of conformers completed) for a particular candidate before stopping. The D2OL client doesn't allow you to pick up where you stopped on a candidate...if you stop the engine on the 19th of 20 conformers, when you restart the engine you have to go back to the beginning. D2OL is working on fixing that I hear.

Bob

Thanks Bob! No wonder it keeps restarting when I occasionally stop and restart the Task Engine!

And update on the proxy/firewall issue: I found the customer site has TWO passwords, one for the proxy (which I have) and another for the firewall! I thought of using a local squid proxy to circumvent the login process since Squid will do it but then up pops a firewall password required box! I believe the Proxy may log in to the firewall... oh well, let's see the forums can come up with...