Prof.Wizard

SR's D2OL Metacomputing Team

I don't know how to do IRC. What is a good way to do it? What are the security risks etc?

C

I don't know when it happened, but I am finally in the top 10. About time!

Thanks for giving up 4th place so easily, Screwdriver...

C

I dont have many working nodes anymore, not really worth my time to mess with it. The last 2 months I was doing a very big move, so most of my home computers are not even setup. Maybe I can go dig up the inactive node's node.prp's and set them up on other systems.

I don't know when it happened, but I am finally in the top 10. About time!

Grats Sivar, and it looks like you get to stay there this time ;)

You were in the top 10 earlier for maybe half a day before I passed you, and I don't think you got back into it until a few days ago.

I'm stuck in 34th. :(

Hopefully without major adversaries if you exclude Krusher who's coming to crush me! :o

Now boast about your results in our IRC channel! ;)

Info in sig. (all thanx to Handruin, kudos to the guy for his help)

Hopefully without major adversaries if you exclude Krusher who's coming to crush me! :o

:D

Nah, I just ran my "supercomputer" for a few days to catch up a bit while I'm at work. I like to stay in the top 40.

There's another rallying cry for the troops on the SR front page. Thanks Eugene!

Come on SR...join the team!

C

About to break a million conformers processed ;)  Comon people, I need some competition  :D

Well done Megadeth, you just passed the million mark!! Congrats. :)

I'm sure we're all curious how many of those 15 nodes are active, and what sort of specs?

There's another rallying cry for the troops on the SR front page.  Thanks Eugene!

Come on SR...join the team!

C

I just had a look at the team stats, and noticed we've fallen behind Ars in productivity (based on weekly stats). I think some of the team have been slacking off! That might explain how I made top 5.. <_<

just joined

for the moment I'll be crunching with oldish stuff though - PIII 700 and PIII 450 during working hourse and perhaps XP1600+ (later 2400+) in the evening

when I've installed our "new" W2K3 server (PIII800) it'll be doind D2OL 24/24 7/7

...I think some of the team have been slacking off!

Ars just has more power than we do right now. The team stats at Team MacNN tell the story. We had 2x as many members active in the last week than they did....their members (mainly Nicholas I think) are just cranking out more production than most of us are able to do. I think Nicholas just brought back onto D2OL some machines he had off working on another DC project.

Whoa, I just looked at TFY's stats....Nicholas has almost 394,000 candidates...their 2nd place guy has around 76,000. Our #1 and #2 have 50,000 and 41,000 (Megadeath and Mars, respectively). Sheesh, Nicholas (or his nodes at least) cranked out 11,500 candidates in the last week alone! :o

Hey, I see HMTK just joined the team! Thanks man and welcome! B)

Bob

My 1998 vintage PII-400 is now contributing to the cause. Couldn't get the P4 2.66 at work to connect to the D2OL site (blocked by firewall), so that's keeping SR's old UD team afloat.

Can't install the software on W2K3 server  <_<

You sure? 2 of my nodes are on a system running 2k3 server (its a dual P3-S 1.4 Ghz)

Right now a lot of my nodes are inactive or off the network for various reasons. I think pretty much all of them will be back online sometime, though maybe not for a while on a couple.

They range from a P3 533 to my P4 2.8C at 3.08 GHz.

Active right now.. hmm.. P3 533, P3 866, Celeron 1.4, Celeron 2.4, P4 1.6, P4 3.08, and a dual P3 1GHz that I should have back online today.

The D2OL install hangs at the end when it installs the uninstaller I think. I'll have to reinstall the OS on that machine anyway so I'll try again later.

The D2OL install hangs at the end when it installs the uninstaller I think.  I'll have to reinstall the OS on that machine anyway so I'll try again later.

4 of my nodes are running on Windows 2003 Advanced. They are running in both the normal install and using firedaemon to drive them as a service - both scenarios worked fine for me.

Clocker, quit slackin and pick up the pace ;p

Hey Mars-

I'm giving her all she's got man! My two measly active nodes just can't produce anymore!!

Your old Mediaone (or whatever it was) e-mail address is bouncing me. PM me your new address my man....

Clocker

Hey Mars-

I'm giving her all she's got man!  My two measly active nodes just can't produce anymore!!

Your old Mediaone (or whatever it was) e-mail address is bouncing me.  PM me your new address my man....

Clocker

Yeah - thats what happens when someone new buys your cable account every six months - At least comcast jacked it up to 3 mbit when they took over. Hard to beat downloading cd images at 405+ kb/sec - what did a 2X cd rom read at, wasn't it 300kb/sec?

Plug that thing into the big outlet behind the dryer - that will produce some results.

Quite interesting. Nice for running D2OL on a server. (there isn't a Netware port of the D2OL software, is there? I could add another 120 servers or so ;) )

there isn't a Netware port of the D2OL software, is there?

Not yet :(

In other news...

After 79 days of crunching I have finally broken into the top 20 of SR! Yay me! :P