Prof.Wizard

SR's D2OL Metacomputing Team

Take a look first... all it is is associating a list of nodes to a particular user id... I don't get the data from Sengent or anything link that and it's not something that I think needs to be secured... it's really an opt-in feature of the stats... if you want a quick look at your farm of nodes to see if any are stuck, that can be done quickly there. I can't think of any malice someone can inflict by knowing your node numbers, can you?

Ahh ok I think I misunderstood. Yours is an independent database? So if I moved your nodes about it wouldn't be affecting the main database? Just the one you made?

I have made a couple of observations while trying the tips in this thread.

Running D2ol as a service (using FireDaemon) under Win2kPro caused Matlab (for example) to stall at load. It would start fine when it was not a service.

BTW TA_GeoffS, that is a most excellent site you have there :)

I have tested this and found that you need to set the priority to Idle actually in Firedaemon, as the default is Normal. *doh*

Ahh ok I think I misunderstood. Yours is an independent database? So if I moved your nodes about it wouldn't be affecting the main database? Just the one you made?

Correct... you could add all my nodes to your listing if you wanted to... they would still show up where I set them up. The database I have here does not pull userid/node associations as Sengent does not provide this information. My database keeps the list of user->node associations as this is not something that Sengent provides. And even if they did, I kinda like the idea that you can set up fictious userid with this implementation... so if I wanted a TA_GeoffS_Home and a TA_GeoffS_Work, I could do that and see them quickly! :)

The only reason I can think of listing a single node in more than one place is if you have a miniteam made up of several individuals who do not have a userid in the Sengent stats, but want to see their nodes. In this case, I would imagine that all the nodes in the miniteam would be listed under the miniteam, and the users with no Sengent userid could make one up, put it in the URL (?UserId= parm), make their list of their own nodes, and just keep the link to that page.

Geoff

:o

I decided to check the progress of our UD team and I find this?!? :( As e_dawg said, you guys are all traitors! :angry: You had me believing that it was more for the cause and not the stats as I see now… Well I’m going to continue to contribute (Five – P4s) to TheGrid.org (UD) since we still have a long way to go.

The truth reviled: SR team is really just a bunch of stat junkies. You sure fooled me two years ago… :(

Damn killJoy, talk about neck and neck, hehe ;)

Hey if anyone can give me any pointers on how to install X-window on Mandrake 9.2 to breathe some life into a dead node (ex P4 HT) I'd be greatful. I've not had much luck yet :(

:o

I decided to check the progress of our UD team and I find this?!? :(  As e_dawg said, you guys are all traitors! :angry:  You had me believing that it was more for the cause and not the stats as I see now… Well I’m going to continue to contribute (Five – P4s) to TheGrid.org (UD) since we still have a long way to go.

The truth reviled: SR team is really just a bunch of stat junkies. You sure fooled me two years ago… :(

genRel, you should visit these forums more often, mate.

When we discussed about abandoning the old program you didn't make your voice heard. No presence, no vote. We call it democracy. ;)

you should jump ship of UD/Grid.org imho. They've had you doing unlimit redundency for ages (3+months) during your time, not actually getting anywhere just they had nothing better to do.

Either think about moving to the D2OL SR team

or jump to THINK based Find-a-Drug (who originally ran under UD but moved) they moved as they now get through things 40+ times faster on a computer, already have had result and drug candidates found and you can select different causes (and if you do join you may want to join Team 2103 mauisun.org :rolleyes: ) currently running queries on 2xCancer, HIV, Multiple Sclerosis, Methodology and an open beta of a slightly improved client.

of course that's just my preference ;)

Has anyone got a linux version of d2ol software working? I tried the command line version but it did not quite work. It starts calculating and indeed it uploads finished work units to the server, but the stats for the node stay at zero. <_<

I had two nodes running several days but stats did not show a thing. I have two linux boxes waiting to be able to participate... ;)

Yes, if anyone could give a complete and foolproof way of getting D2ol working on any Linux platform I'd love to get rolling.

In the meantime...

A little node waits...

Yes, if anyone could give a complete and foolproof way of getting D2ol working on any Linux platform I'd love to get rolling.

An old message that I had posted on page 6 for getting Linux to run more efficiently may help, it's on page 6 about half way down.

To stop the process, I just use a "ps -fu<username>" and then kill the D2OL processes starting from the top until I get to GridWin.exe, which will quit by itself when it finishes.

Congrat's to team storagereview.

Almost to number 5  :D

We need more members and more active nodes to keep moving up.

We sure do! At current rates, it'll take us over a year to catch Ars at no. 4!

And photoz, are you holding out on me again? I'll hopefully catch you again in a week or two, but I'll be disappointed if you take it back from me straight away again!

In the meantime...

A little node waits...

I run Gentoo with the IBM JRE 1.4.1 installed currently. The installer from the D2OL site worked perfectly for me. I have placed the files in /use/bin/SengentD2OL/D2OL

The command line for my desktop shortcut is

/usr/bin/SengentD2OL/D2OL/D2OL

remember to chmod it appropriately.

Thank you for your time,

FranK Russo

I still run, but don't know my stats. When I get back in Greece for Easter vacations I'll try to persuade friends to join. Either under my handle or alone. ;)

In the meantime...

A little node waits...

I run Gentoo with the IBM JRE 1.4.1 installed currently. The installer from the D2OL site worked perfectly for me. I have placed the files in /use/bin/SengentD2OL/D2OL

The command line for my desktop shortcut is

/usr/bin/SengentD2OL/D2OL/D2OL

remember to chmod it appropriately.

Thank you for your time,

FranK Russo

Thanks Frank. I just got it working last night. I had the help of a mystical Linux Guru who quickly diagnosed the problem as a bad JRE install. 1 Celeron 433 added to the cause, hehe ;)

Yes. Excellent job Team SR!

We need to keep building our ranks. I'm sure SR's membership must be growing but it seems the D2OL Team isn't.

Come on people! Join the Team and help us reach the next level of dominance!

We're only about 165 days away from overtaking Team Ars...

C

I think you meant 165 weeks..

500000 behind, and currently producing 3000 more than Ars per week.

Watchout Screwdriver, Darking and Mars...I'm coming to get ya!!

DUMP! :D

2,000 candidates!

Moved into new house, got the wireless network setup and 2nd cruncher at home up and running. So far behind now I'll have to find some more comps to borg or something to get back in the Top 10. ;)

Bob

http://forums.storagereview.net/index.php?showtopic=14628

StorageReview members have their own IRC channel now.

Feel free to discuss our D2OL progress there: #storagereview @ FreeQuest Network :)

Normal Connection

server -m irc.freequest.net:7000 /j #storagereview

SSL Connection

server -m irc.freequest.net:9999 /j #storagereview

See you online! :lol:

Thanks for giving up 4th place so easily, Screwdriver...

C