Prof.Wizard

SR's D2OL Metacomputing Team

Making my way slowly up to the top 10. SR_Bob_D and harijs, your days above me are numbered, and are in the single digits. :D

Making my way slowly up to the top 10. SR_Bob_D and harijs, your days above me are numbered, and are in the single digits. :D

Doesn't look that slowly to me! :)

I've borrowed a server with 3x 700MHz Xeon 3 to try and claw my way in to top 10, and I've finally got it in my sights. Recca99, watch out, I'm right on your heels! :ph34r:

Anyway, not sure how long I'll have it for, and even with it you're one of the three beating me in the weekly stats. Between you and Sling I'll be lucky to hold on to a top 10 position for long... :unsure:

Does honold run d2ol? With his fleet of Dells, he would be quite the moving target.

Aw, c'mon honold. The difference between typical power use and max power use is usually around 20%. Could you maybe run d2ol on your two fastest machines, for the worthy goal of helping SR trample Ars and Anandtech's d2ol teams? I'll gladly paypal you $0.13/mo for the added power cost. :D

it'll be more than 0.13 :) i'll think about it. biggest thing is whether or not our electricity is comped with the rent or not at work. if it is, i could go to town.

Our output is currently ranked at #4 for the week. Those top three teams though... They have some serious computing power behind them.

Wow, good job everyone. We took two spots pretty quick. I agree, those top few spots aren't realistically going to happen unless we get more idle computers.

I just think it's fun to see how much an 866MHz computer here that is on 24x7 will contribute. My upstairs computer would contribute more if it didn't approach vacuum cleaner sound levels during high processor use time. :)

And for those still curious about UD (cancer, spallpox & anthrax) results, SR is now number 72, up from 74 a couple of months back.

Well...my two measily active nodes can't hold off how ever many active nodes Mars has. It was a good battle my man but I can't keep up! I'll be eating your dust for a while...

C

Vrooooooooooooooooooooooom. Passed two people in one day. Now I know why Honold isn't participating. BWAHAHA.

Well...my two measily active nodes can't hold off how ever many active nodes Mars has.  It was a good battle my man but I can't keep up!  I'll be eating your dust for a while...

C

Have to admit I enjoyed watching the battle for 3rd. It's more interesting to see such tight competition at the top. :)

Vrooooooooooooooooooooooom. Passed two people in one day. Now I know why Honold isn't participating. BWAHAHA.

You've got some hard slog ahead of you now. Other than DickMiles and empty who appeared to have stalled for the last few weeks, everyone else is quite productive at over 1000 candidates per week. B)

You've got some hard slog ahead of you now. Other than DickMiles and empty who appeared to have stalled for the last few weeks, everyone else is quite productive at over 1000 candidates per week. B)

Hmm. I'm going to need to get some more nodes. I had almost 2000 last week, but I don't want to keep my laptop on 24/7. It probably wasn't made with that in mind.

<eyes university computers>

Hmm. I'm going to need to get some more nodes. I had almost 2000 last week, but I don't want to keep my laptop on 24/7. It probably wasn't made with that in mind.

<eyes university computers>

Might have to fire up that beast in your sig! :lol:

I would think that pinning the thread would make it quite a lot more difficult to ignore.

Pinned posts are used very rarely, and as a rule of thumb should probably be for posts that are both likely to be of near universal interest, and of substantial and immediate importance.

I am sure there are other threads that you are not interested in, some of which keep popping up over and over. Is it any different ignoring this thread?

Screw, Mars,

Will you guys hurry the frick up?!?

I've been at #2 way longer than I deserve (I only have 5 machines running at the moment).

Thank you for your time,

FranK Russo

What's under the hood?