Prof.Wizard

SR's D2OL Metacomputing Team

Your Athlon seems seems much more efficient at doing this though...

I'm quite impressed how nice the Athlon performs in D²OL, considering I'm running this on 1.3GHz less than you and without any funky stuff like dual channel RAM etc...

Time for Clocker to upload a few hundred.

I am getting close B)

I have three nodes listed, only 2 in operation, any progress on dropping inactive nodes?

P4,3.2 and P4,2.4

Happy Holidays

The most I dumped at once was about 500 units a couple of weeks ago. My crunching is down a bit lately due to finals and projects. Next week its back to 100% crunch time!

I decided to crunch offline and unleash my circa 1000 cached units once they are ready.

Beware Davin! B)

I let my machines work offline while I was away on a businss trip last a couple of weeks ago. I came back and uploaded 700+ units! :)

Ofcourse, now Darking, Clocker, etc. are pasing me again. :angry:

LOL, how many of the 6? ;) been too busy working to play any games or do much with my PCs, so they're running full tilt on D2OL almost 24/7 at the moment.

When I have more free time, at least one of the 6 machines will be busy crunching some game code instead of conformers :lol:

I have a P4 1.8A (at 2.4 GHz), Celeron 2.4, Celeron 1.4, Celeron 1.3, P3 866, and a P3 533EB crunching away right now.

How do you setup a personal stats page on the macnn?  I dont see any options to do so.

Already done. Just select Active Members from the drop-down list, and then click your rank NUMBER to see your personal stats page.

I've fallen to 13th on our team but I've got one 1.4G Athlon crunching offline. Soon to strike with a big upload, he, he, he  B)

I hope that big upload is less than 500.. I want to get closer to team top 10, not further away <_<

There's some tight competition in our top 10. After our two leaders, the next five positions are within 250 candidates of each other!

There's some tight competition in our top 10.  After our two leaders, the next five positions are within 250 candidates of each other!

Watch out for me nipping at their heels...I just purchased a 2500+ to replace my Celeron 600 that died. :ph34r:

;)

There's some tight competition in our top 10.  After our two leaders, the next five positions are within 250 candidates of each other!

Watch out for me nipping at their heels...I just purchased a 2500+ to replace my Celeron 600 that died. :ph34r:

;)

Sorry ba, but I think you'll need a couple of those to make any ground on the top 10 :)

I just uploaded 1346 units. :) Couldn't let Mars pass me by for more than an hour or two....

C

Is there a specific (or rather general) relationship between the number of candidates and conformers? The stats count the conformers, while the software keeps track of candidates. It looks to me (I have noticed it while uploading large numbers of units) that there is a variation in the productivity from one candidate to another.

;)

Sorry ba, but I think you'll need a couple of those to make any ground on the top 10 :)

Ah, but that's only one of three nodes; I'm replacing my slowest.

Er, okay, so maybe I'll just be seeing the dust of the top 10...but that's an improvement over my current circumstances, where they are entirely out of sight. :P

Check you're clients to be sure they are working on something.

I checked both of my machines this morning to discover that neither were working on anything because D2OL changed the server or something and the DNS hasn't propagated yet.

If you are having this problem you can get around it by TEMPORARILY adding this line to your HOSTS file:

67.98.89.121 data.d2ol.com

then manually update the D2OL client.

All this information, better explained can be found here:

CLICKME

I decided to crunch offline and unleash my circa 1000 cached units once they are ready.

Beware Davin! B)

I'm creeping back up on you Prof. :ph34r:

For you Linux users, I found a neat way to run D2OL in the background that is almost invisible to the system. (Actually I pieced parts together from the D2OL message board from a post I made about changing the priority.)

It does not seem like I lost any computation time with this, but your results may vary if you have more processes. This runs without a status window.

The quick answer is to first change the line in SengentD2OL/D2OL/res/control.prp

LaunchMain=true to

LaunchMain=false

and then (for RedHat 9; others may vary)

nice -n 19 ./D2OL controller:file &

From the same directory as your D2OL executable file. Although I did not receive a response on how to stop that process properly, I only reboot the computer once a month anyway and rebooting always stops it of course.

Here is the long thread below for those interested.

http://www.d2ol.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi...ic;f=7;t=000620