Sign in to follow this  
raceware

*UNOFFICIAL* AMD road map...

These *UNOFFICAL* AMD and Intel road maps look very interesting. The AMD section seems to confirm a lot of what has been rumored on various websites. If true there should be a lot of happy AMD fans come the holiday season.

AMD/Intel Road Maps

oh lord...AMD jumped to 2.2GHz with the Athlon 64 FX-** and added an extra 400MHz in just 3 months :o

I hope they are accurate and that AMD can deliver suffient quantities of processors.

That said official roadmaps are shifty things. I'll believe it when the processors are announced and shipping. (If they have the kinks out of their SOI fabrication methods, amd's ramp should be possible. )

So i guess they will take even longer to release those new FX-** chips from those stated dates?

I think the point here is that no one knows -- this is an "unofficial" roadmap of indeterminate age and source value.

I am in the AMD camp and I think this is very wishful thinking. An Athlon FX 55 before the end of the year. LOL! Intel would need at least a 3.8 GHz Prescott to compete and that chip is at least 8 months away.

I think this roadmap is wishful thinking.

In particular, the "San Diego" in Q1 '04 seems quite unlikely to me. Switching to 90nm process is a big deal.

If this map is a real leak at all, the most likely event is that a new memory controller is affixed to SledgeHammer to start using Socket 939 until the delayed San Diego is ready.

In particular, the "San Diego" in Q1 '04 seems quite unlikely to me. Switching to 90nm process is a big deal.

from the amounts of issues going into 90nm... it's not gonna happen in q1 04

Roadmaps; the rules

1. If it doesn't say Michellin, Rand McNally(sp?), or Ordinance Survey on the cover its not worth the paper or phospher its diplayed on.

2. Unless a product is either available to buy or has a release date not further away than one month it does not, to all intents and purposes, exist. (guess who thought they'd have been using a hammer for a while now :( )