Occupant

Winter Has Arrived

Yeah, Tuesday is going to suck....

Forecast for Monterey, CA

Think snow! Cold Smoke! (depraved skier type)

Bummer, life's a beach.

Here in la la land, after rather chilly weekend highs in the 77F/25C range, were going on a massive upswing in temps to a predicted 85F/29C for the next weekend....how will I cope???

ya, just looking at the weather channel, all the highways are red... travel not advised... heavy snow fall warnings are out for all of southern alberta...

Yeah, Tuesday is going to suck....

Forecast for Monterey, CA

Think snow! Cold Smoke! (depraved skier type)

Bummer, life's a beach.

Here in la la land, after rather chilly weekend highs in the 77F/25C range, were going on a massive upswing in temps to a predicted 85F/29C for the next weekend....how will I cope???

Not to mention all the increased radiation and heat from all the pollution in LA :P

I just got a big pack of direct-mail coupons and offers for ski vacations today!

WOOT!

And my kids are finally old enough to leave in childcare at most mountains..

DOUBLE WOOT!

Winter here we come...

Future Shock

if i could, i'd be happy to sign a document that said i would never see snow again in exchange for a guarantee that everywhere i went the weather wouldn't go below 60

WOW! Where I live (in Pittsburgh, PA USA) I was just going to say the good weather has finally arrived... It has for us been a miserable Summer filled with a lot of rain and very few sunny days... Temps today are low 10C and high 23C.

if i could, i'd be happy to sign a document that said i would never see snow again in exchange for a guarantee that everywhere i went the weather wouldn't go below 60

I did, and moved to Monterey. The last time it snowed here was 25 years ago. It getts a bit cooler than 60 at night, but daytime averages are more than that most of the year.

WOW! Where I live (in Pittsburgh, PA USA) I was just going to say the good weather has finally arrived... It has for us been a miserable Summer filled with a lot of rain and very few sunny days... Temps today are low 10C and high 23C.

isnt that hurricane thats comming going to make it windy and rainy there in a few days?

(Not to suggest you should live in a brick house on stilts, but I would imagine its going to get a good rain there at a minimum... eh?)

I wish it would arrive here.  Summer humidity sucks.

I feel exactly the same. Summer really has no redeeming qualities for me. You can always put more clothes on if you're cold in the winter but it's so hot and humid during summer most of the time that you sweat even if you're stark naked. Basically, I'm practically trapped indoors for the 3 months of summer except when I bike, shop, or do gardening. I don't go anywhere for fun during summer months since it's no fun sweating and needing a shower within 10 minutes of going out. Not to mention the damned air pollution smells 10 times worse in summer. My favorite weather is when we have blizzards in winter and the airports shut down. The air is cool and clean, hardly any cars on the road, no noise from planes. If only it could be like that every day.

I really don't understand why so many people like the typical California weather ddrueding1 described. Hot and sunny something like 350 days of the year. Besides being the most miserable type of weather I can think of, it is excrutiating boring to not have seasons or much in the way of precipitation. Christmas with 80°F temperatures and bright sun would totally suck. They could use a prerecorded tape for weather forecasts there: "Today's forecast-hot and sh*tty, with more of the same tomorrow." :(

Rome, Mediterranean climate. B)

You must envy me guys... still sunny, 20-25°C with no intentions to fall...

Today's weather was almost perfect. About 80°F, with little humidity, and no clouds in the sky. I had to go to South Jersey today, so I got to take a nice relaxing drive with the top down. It could have been a little warmer, but for mid-September, I won't complain. :)

;) The weather here is chilly, but sometimes balmy around 16 degrees, but looking forward to the weekend, going on holiday. Arn't I the lucky one. But your right the weather is certainly taking a turn for the worse :rolleyes:

the only thing that really motivates me to leave st louis is the desire to completely escape winter. it's plausible i'll end up settling near scotsdale, az.

Say honold, Az blows, scotsdale and all of az do have winter. Flagstaff, gets snow every winter...just not as much as St. Louie. But SL isn't bad compared to Fargo, eh...or Minnesota,eh?

Come to California...it's the cheese(actually I only eat imported high-end cheeses I get at a certain BH gourmet food store)! ddruedling is correct about Monterey area, or just about any spot within 5 miles of the coastline. Still, the San Diego area and 60 miles around will fit the bill perfectly(oh sure, there was that krazy kult group that did the suicide thing...maybe the bland San Diego weather drove them blimmy???:wacko:).

Then again, the forcast for the entire week here is the same as it was as the last post...life's a beach. 80 today, 78 tomorrow, 80, 81, 79, 80....snooze. Didn't you see all of the Emmy awards attendees, complaining about how hot it was at 6PM(downtown high was what, a scorcing 85)? Ever see the Steve Martin movie "LA Story"? Perfectly spoofs a weatherman with nothing to talk about the weather, cause the forecast is the same...always.

But don't move to LA, it's really terrible here; Smallville on 70in plasma displays from OTA 1080i broadcasts; pompous obnoxious New Yorkers, annoying trendies, foodies, lousy weather, road rage, riots, air polution, the worst traffic congestion in the country; the greatest collection of supercars anywhere in the world--- the likes which would make the Prof. Wiz drool with envy, an earthquake or 2 with one day power outages...the list goes on. :(

Oh, and along with the brain numbing weather, year round tans--- 'but I couldn't wait to get back to the goodest girls of them all, I wish they all could be California girls'

And we have your namesake Ah-nold as gov now, what more could you ask?

Yeah, winter has arrived....shssssh, don't tell anyone here!

lol,

Yeah life is good here.....still in the 70s every day. Just don't get any closer to LA than San Diego to the south and Santa Barbara to the north.

The perfect situation would be to have a little bit of both... Feel summer and winter as they should be feeled. Why I like Rome's weather? Cause it's sunny and warm most of the year but it can become pretty cold, rainy, and misty when it's winter.

But not extremes... as it should be!

(Still, Monterey peninsula weather must be almost ideal. If only you had a big good skiing center nearby...)

With all this warm weather back-slapping going on, I must be the only 20+ day a year skier in this forum...well, at least before my wife had kids two years ago...I've been close to hitting 40 days on the slope some years not too long ago (while working a pretty serious job).

Now I just wait and wait for our little ones can actually start taking skiing lessons. I didn't learn till I was 30 (hence I needed a lot of days to practice), I'm hoping my kids can begin learning when they are 3...that way I can drop them off at ski class and get at least half a day on the slopes.

LET'S GET SOME SNOW STARTED PLEASE MR. WINTER! My skis are waxed and tuned...

FS

With all this warm weather back-slapping going on, I must be the only 20+ day a year skier in this forum...well, at least before my wife had kids two years ago...I've been close to hitting 40 days on the slope some years not too long ago (while working a pretty serious job).

Now I just wait and wait for our little ones can actually start taking skiing lessons.  I didn't learn till I was 30 (hence I needed a lot of days to practice), I'm hoping my kids can begin learning when they are 3...that way I can drop them off at ski class and get at least half a day on the slopes.

LET'S GET SOME SNOW STARTED PLEASE MR. WINTER!  My skis are waxed and tuned...

FS

Although I don't ski anymore (I blew out both my knees sailing) I do still frequent a friend's condo in Lake Tahoe (4-5 hours away) and enjoy the snow. I'm just grateful it never falls on my house!

I do still frequent a friend's condo in Lake Tahoe (4-5 hours away) and enjoy the snow. I'm just grateful it never falls on my house!

It's only 4-5 hours away when they don't close Donner Pass. I remember sleeping in a rental car at a closed gas station near the top of the pass one night, wearing every bit of ski clothing I had in my bag...and freezing.

At dawn, I took my Mazda 626 rental around the roadblocks by driving on the old pass road (parallel to the highway) in the wheel ruts from 4x4s. Almost got stuck when I hit a few drifts higher than the ground clearance of the 626 - just kept the pedal down and went through. Got to the next highway entrance, no roadblock (of course, they had stopped all but 4x4s and chained tire cars at the previous entrance), got on, and drove the rest of the pass on a solid sheet of ice...got to Squaw just in time to catch my friends getting ready to leave the condo...

FS

My best experience at Tahoe was being behind the wheel of a friends Lexus SC as it drifted backwards down the driveway into a snowbank. Minimal Damage thank goodness.

He had gotten it stuck up there in the beginning of the winter, and we had returned to retrieve it. A few weeks too soon it turned out.