Sign in to follow this  
sprockkets

Hitachi 250GB HDD in stock at newegg.com

Drive Costs $326 dollars, IDE/ATA-6 Free shipping, if anyone's interested in being a canidate for a deathstar. :)

Ok ok, I used btw me and others a 75, 60, 120, 180 GXP series, and the only one with problems was the one 75gxp. So perhaps the problem is gone.

Because it just got released and costs that much ? same with new Western Digitals and i dont think the WD are quieter than a IBM GXP Hard Drive.

Pony up $326.00 US to see if the IBM design has been improved.... I think I heard you volonteer, Max... Not I, thanks.

It will be a long long time, indeed, before I trust an IBM/Hitachi drive... WD, Maxtor or Samsung are my prefered choices....

I have heard from my local computer dealer that WD will only RMA a drive once now; if the replacement fails, oh well...

(after a few DOA REPLACEMENT drives (NOTE: SEE ABOVE), he no longer sells WD...)

So, seems clear to avoid WD now...

And my own personal experience is Maxtor no longer honors the warranty period they themselves print on their HD, irregardless of where they are bought from...

ALL manufs have HDs that fail... I just want to feel secure that they WILL replace 'em when they fail...

I have heard from my local computer dealer that WD will only RMA a drive once now; if the replacement fails, oh well...

?

Source plz...

/casa