Sign in to follow this  
MiToZ

Hitachi 7K250 review at HardwareLuxx.de

... and with 4 mb total length in Atto? Correct me but isn't that considered "bad" here at least?

(I don't understand German though)

Seems we have kind of a problem now - the Seagate 'Cuda 7200.7 (8 meg), Samsung P80 and Deskstar 250GXP all feature virtually identical STR and random access time (~13.5 ms), and the HGST model seems to have closed up to the Samsungs in terms of noise or rather lack thereof. I guess it would take a SR review of the latter two to clear things up in terms of performance (and, indirectly, reliability).

I'm from the HWLuxx.de forum ...

And the reason whe they've tested the 40GB ones is that they were bought for personal use - not given to them or lent ...

And yeah ... i want the SATA ones too - but most german shops say "avalable soon" ... just like 2 weeks ago :(

Most performance numbers have been in the Storagereview's own performance database, for a week or so... It looks like a very competitive drive, even if it came at least 6 months late.

With the news of the Seagate 100GB/p coming any time one can wonder how long will HGST's ATA drives be able to be financially realistic.

Yéti

From that Ukranian (it seem like that, since that's not Russian language for sure) it is clear that absolutely best drive now is Samsung SpinPoint 80... this is also confirmed by digit-life.com reviews. Wow... never expected Samsung to beat everone, including "learders".