warmonger

What's in your CD player right now?

Further to what Occupant just said.

Check out Emy lou Haris and Willie Nelson and too many other people to mention/remember.

WRT Third Eye Vision,

Life is a blast when you know what6 you're doing....

Top notch album, and if you lijke that you really should do yourself the favour of checking out, 93 ‘til infinity & no mans land by souls of mischief, fear itself by casual and whatever it was called by extra prolific.

Oh yeah, JB live at the Apollo, which volume? And, I've always felt that the interplay between the horns and the piano was the unreasonably good stuff on kind of blue.

Happy Listening

Yea I know, country is the biggest selling music in America. More people listen to country than any other kind of music, or so I've heard several times. I've also heard many people say that country nowadays is crap compared to old country from back in the 50's or 60's. Anyone else heard that? I was just trolling for a response when I wrote that line, so feel free to flame me.

If you like Thievery Corporation, then you might want to check out Gotan Project. They have a somewhat similar sound, although a little more uptempo.

An excellent suggestion, thanks! Queremos Paz sonds like it should be on the Twelve Monkeys soundtrack. I dig it.

Emmy Lou Harris is a PETA head now, and as far as I am concerned that disqualifies her from country. Fruit Loop is now her music designation.

I would not exactly call the dixie chicks smart either. Not after what the fat one blurted out. And I think when you have to get naked to REGAIN respect you should take a hint. Yep dixie chicks PETA strippers and US foreign policy experts.

Playing now....

Slayer Raining blood

Seasons in the abyss

Nuclear Assault

Testament

Deep Purple III

Black Sabbath

Yngwie Malmsteen

De Lucia Dimeola Mclaughlin

Doc Watson

Allison Krause

Dolly Parton (post 96 bluegrass)

Dio

Dan Crary

Norman Blake

Flecktones

:lol: honold sometimes I don't, especially when digging around looking for some old ones. Crossed up the song with the album there.

I have got my old Chainsaw Rock tapes from college transferred to my comp and I spend some time listening and getting cd's of the stuff I like. Me and my buddy listened to one for about an hour trying to figure it out, and my wife walked in did a lyric search and had it in 10mins..... Celtic Frost Nemesis. She is handy when she ain't playing popcountry of the week. :)

The Clash - Essential Clash

Dr. Dre, et. al. - Cronic 2001

Frank Sinatra, et. al. - Duets 1 & 2

And for my 6 and 3 year olds - Anything Radio Disney

Recent spins:

Gershwin - Rhapsody in Blue, Concerto in F, An American in Paris, Cuban Overture

The Rolling Stones - 40 Licks

Rush - Retrospective I (1974-1980), Exit Stage Left (live, Rush Remasters -- YYZ is an excellent jam session track that I've been trying to get for some time now)

There was a Back to School sale on at HMV which I took advantage of. $11 CDN ($7.85 US) for each Rush CD. Now I've got to decide whether I want to spend some time remastering the Stones tracks. Many of them were poorly recorded :(

Now I've got to decide whether I want to spend some time remastering the Stones tracks. Many of them were poorly recorded :(

You might not be able to make much of an improvement; some of the earlier tracks were originally recorded in mono.

Now I've got to decide whether I want to spend some time remastering the Stones tracks. Many of them were poorly recorded :(

You might not be able to make much of an improvement; some of the earlier tracks were originally recorded in mono.

Probably... although I was able to do a good enough job on an old Rush Chronicles CD (one of the few Rush albums that were NOT re-mastered) that the newly re-mastered tracks do not sound significantly better than my amateurish re-mastering job. I am a little disappointed with Bob Ludwig and the boys at Gateway Mastering Studios, to tell you the truth, seeing as they have all the best equipment and software at their disposal. Coincidentally, Gateway Mastering did the Stones' 40 Licks CD as well, along with Steve Rosenthal of The Magic Shop and Stephen Marcussen and Louie Teran of Marcussen Mastering.

My best guess is that they were being conservative with the processing based on the poor quality of the original source material. I was pretty aggressive with my re-mastering job and am willing to sacrifice that "original sound" (surely it doesn't have to sound like crap to transport to the 60's does it?).

Next to my CD player is a push-down stack of most recently played CD's. Presently:

Wild, Wonderful Purgatory (Karma to Burn)

Almost Heathen (Karma to Burn)

Hellbilly Deluxe (Rob Zombie)

The Sinister Urge (Rob Zombie)

Slaughter of the Soul (At the Gates)

II (The Atomic Bitchwax)

Restricted (Queens of the Stone Age)

Black Nasa (Black Nasa)

Apocalypse Dudes (Turbonegro)

Altough I have not recently played them, I'm also rather fond of Metallica's early CD's - especially Lightning and Puppets. Also the Apocalyptica renditions of those.

St. Anger

is this part of some advertising deal you've struck w/metallica? O_o

Ya, YOUR the one who said it was Metallica, I just said I was listening to St. Anger. If someone was a Metallica fan they woudl know what I was talking about. ;)

Right now?

Kool Moe Dee - Wild Wild West :ph34r:

And "Lodi Dodi"

Slick Rick

Korn

Snoop Dogg

;)

Nearly 50 posts in this thread, and not one mention of Trance/NRG/Hard House yet? Does nobody else in these forums enjoy it?

For anybody who hasn't spoken up yet, I highly recommend what I'm currently listening to - Paul Van Dyk live at Energy 2003. Check it out at Trance Addict.

Nearly 50 posts in this thread, and not one mention of Trance/NRG/Hard House yet?  Does nobody else in these forums enjoy it?

nope.

in a different life when i was djing and that sort of thing i would purchase records, usually german or swedish hard techno, minimal, and electro. i still have a distinct appreciation for those, much more than any kind of house, but trance, drumnbass, and jungle is some of the most unenjoyable music of which i can think.

hey, you asked :)

That stuff is probably better when you're high on something and preoccupied with something else, e.g. at a rave doing ex.