qawsedrftgzxcvb

Doom3 minimum Requirements

1Ghz

Geforce 1/Radeon 7xxx

256MB RAM

Remember these are the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM!

If you actually want to play with out wanting to gouge your eyes out, get AT LEAST a Geforce 3/Radeon 8500 with 512RAM.

I posted this so people can start pondering hardware upgrades (if any).

I think so... I think this is the machine that will play the special doom 3 slide show... Iam thinking I'll have to upgrade to play the game properly, I have:

P4 2.53B

1 GB PC 2700 RAM

Geforce 4 ti 4400

I think at best I'll need a new video card, at worst Iam thinking I'd wait for socket T, (this fall) and buy a new motherboard and CPU then, oh and probably ram. (my motherboard, gigabyte 8INXP doesnt officially support P4 c's)

My personal rig is an original nForce with an Athlon MP 1900+ mildly overclocked, 512MB RAM, and a 128MB GF4 Ti4400.

I plan on upgrading JUST for Doom III and Half Life 2. I don't think they will run like they were meant to with even the system I've got now.

Jeez, looks like I better start saving for a new rig....

Barton 2500+

GF Ti4200 128MB

512MB PC 2700

Raptor :D

Any predictions on how one of thses will do?

Barton 3000+

ATI 9800 PRO

1.5GB PC2700

Raptor :D

I assume it's going to be like Quake3, where the hardware to play it "maxed" doesn't exist until a year or more after it comes out? I don't know if I can handle going back to 640x480 :(

Jeez, looks like I better start saving for a new rig....

Barton 2500+

GF Ti4200 128MB

512MB PC 2700

Raptor  :D

Any predictions on how one of thses will do?

Barton 3000+

ATI 9800 PRO

1.5GB PC2700

Raptor  :D

I doubt the difference between the Barton 2500+ and 3000+ would be that big of a deal--especially if you don't mind overclocking a bit... The video card and RAM upgrade will probably be quite worthwhile, though.

Can't fault the hdd...

I don't know if I can handle going back to 640x480  :(

Even if it's 640x480 with all in-game details maxed, as well as 4XAA and 8XAF?

I'm more interested in running D3 and HL2 with ALL the eye candy on than at ultra high-resolutions. I'm hoping to get 1024x768 out of it, though...

Yes, I'm not expecting 1280x1024.....though it would be nice.....

By the way, let me give you a piece of advice regarding hardware configuration: you won't see what DOOM's like on video cards below GeForce 3. With per-pixel lighting and bump-mapping turned off, you just won't see DOOM III. Yes, the game can be run on GeForce 1, but my urgent message is as follows: go buy GeForce 3 or better".

-Jim Dose

2.4ghz 800fsb p4 at 3.1ghz, 1gb pc3500 at ddr416/2-5-3-3, raptor, ti4200 at 300/600.

i only need video. i would have bought it already, but i really have no reason until hl2/d3/etc come out.

All those people are forgetting something: Optimizations!

Remember your cards don't have optimizations yet. Nvidia/ATI/Matrox will probably release some enhacements to increase 10fps or something.

Additionally, Doom3 has been optimized for Radeon R200 (ie 8500/9000/9100) and Geforce4 ti4xxx. The game in itself also could have patches/optimizations for better play after it comes out.

IMPORTANT:

Doom3 is SMP aware!

Dual systems will be slap happy and your hyper-threading will finally be useful.

Shark you should be fine. If the game is truly SMP aware it'll probably destroy a faster single proc. Remember this is still all on paper, though. For all we know this will be the most unstable engine with the worst hype in gaming history (yea I know: BLASPHEMY!!).

doom3=vaporware

totally disagree. i don't think they've exceeded most peoples' expectations, and they certainly haven't crossed their verbal committment on completion.

hopefully I'll be able to play HL2 and D3 on my Athlon XP 2000+ and gfti4200 (still to be brought).

If I can't, well too bad, since I am not upgrading again for at least another 18 months :)

How is D3 vaporware? It is not a marketing machine with no product behind it. If you've played some part of it (ie, the leaked alpha), then how could it be called vaporware?

Vaporware is basically a product that does not actually exist in any way, but has been marketed as the next big thing. Doom 3 has been delayed to Q1 2004, but it was originally (meaning, when id first demonstrated at that mac expo) planned for Christmas 2003. Not exactly a huge delay, if you ask me.

Unless, of course, that was a joke. In which case, never mind :)

If you actually want to play with out wanting to gouge your eyes out, get AT LEAST a Geforce 3/Radeon 8500 with 512RAM.

Ouch, I didn't even know they even made video cards with that much ram

Ouch, I didn't even know they even made video cards with that much ram

I am fairly sure he's referring to total system memory there, though it does all run together. In any case there aren't any consumer level video cards with >256 MB yet.

I am fairly sure he's referring to total system memory there, though it does all run together.  In any case there aren't any consumer level video cards with >256 MB yet.

Yeah, I was teasing :P

Yes I did means 512 sys RAM. There are cards that have 512 video RAM (I'm too poor to afford them).

I can play Warcraft3: TheFrozenThrone @ 1600 * 1200 with 6XFSAA and 16XAF!!!!!

There is a slight slow down in huge battle scenes, but that's about it!!!

OMG!! War3:TFT is SOOO nice looking! Now if only I could to that with Doom3.

This is gonna sound wierd, but I once saw a card that takes up 1 AGP pro and 2 64-bit PCI slots. I was for DVD editing or something.

That ran for like $4,000 3 years ago.

This is gonna sound wierd, but I once saw a card that takes up 1 AGP pro and 2 64-bit PCI slots. I was for DVD editing or something.

That ran for like $4,000 3 years ago.

Nope that doesnt sound wierd at all. There are several vendors who make graphics packages like that, 3dlabs springs to my mind, but their are probably several others.