waterdog

Proof of God's Existence

*flees from title of thread in terror*

See.... the problem also rely's on false religious teachings as well....

Satan was hurled out of heaven, as is brought out in Revelation. He is down here seaking and misleading the nations and the people. His demons are also here misleading people. It's a serious thing. If you let the demons into your life knowingly or unknowingly it can be a bad thing. The problem with faith healing is just that fact. Its really Satan and his Demons behind it. The bible brings out some great things about magic, spiritism, "magic" practicing priests, foretune tellers, people that cast spells or consult spirit mediums or the dead, or speaking in tongues. It brings out how people that do such things or are involved with such things are detestable to god. But that we should throw such things away from us and be clean. Being detestable to God means being an enemy of him. I doubt anyone of us want to be an enemy of god. Just a side point, when Jesus was about to be taken off to be killed, on Nisan 14, I believe it was Peter, he cut the ear off on of the slaves to fend for Jesus life. Jesus told him no, these things must take place. As well he said dont you think that I could at this moment plead with my father to send me 12 legions of angels? I looked up one day about how many makes up a legion. Thats 7,000, thats alot of angels. So 84,000 angels.. thats even more. But then again there is another account of an angel slaying in one night all of the Assyrian encampment, which was comprised of 185,000 soldiers. Now if you take that 12 legions of angels or 60,000 angels and multiply it by the amount of soldiers that one angel killed, it would come to a staggering 15,456,000,000, more then twice the current worlds population. Now think this is just the angels. Also the bible gives descriptions of God, and how powerful he is, to put it into perspective for us. The bible says that god can put all the waters of the earth, figuratively, in his hand. Now all the nations and their power and military might are as a drop of water from a bucket of that water in his hand. Imagine the power God has.

I know who's side I want to be on.

But also there are many things to deal with the existance of god. I doubt singing a hymn or song will relay that message Gurl701 on this board.

Scientist's have concluded that just for a planet to just come into existance by chance just in our solar system, to even be able to support life. It would be a 1 and 10(100,000) chance... and just for life to be created on the planet it would be a 1 and 10(1,000,000) chance. That would fill a 30 normal sized papers back and front. Not think of this too, thats just a single celled organizm. To think of the chance that it would be for other animals to just put together or for the cell to just know what to evolve would be such a unfathomable chance. Also for us to just get here, for us to somehow come up with government, laws, religion, love, characteristics that are unique, personality, hair color, able to enjoy sounds, smells and taste, how our body even does things, design, invent, create for ourselves, society, culture, race, the bible. To think all this by chance?

Now, this is a pretty big what if, its a huge chance that all those things would come to play in such great harmony. Funny though, you would need some sort of faith that it would have come about like that. I find that huge chance the hardest to believe. More harder to believe then a loving God created us to enjoy life, he created us out of love. A simple yet straightforward answer. I find the question, why is it soooo hard to believe that god exists, a good one. Especially when there is so much around us and even just us, ourselves, if we just think just for a moment, we can realize that god is real.

God is in the spirit realm. If he doesnt want us to detect him, he won't let us. Thats what befalled the city of Babel. They tried to make a tower to reach the heavens, to get to god. They were doing gross imorral practices, just to be defiant. Not unlike things today. They wanted to find out if god was really there but in a defiant way. They found out.... most lost their lives, they were scattered about throughout the earth in different languages.

I think man people have the misconception that god doesnt want to have anything to do with our lives. But in fact he does. The thing is we need to fnd out what we need to do in order to make our lives in harmony with his will. Not our own.

bah... tired of typing... hehe

later :blink:

wow... u guys are like...

well... basically the worlds religions have messed up peoples thinking to the highest degree... pushed alot away from God and from trying to search for truth.

Okay, so lets get rid of all the doctrines, u know what i mean, hell-fire, trinity, paradise, everything.... And the question is how can we find the true religion?

If you have a key it needs to have the right cuts and grooves or else it won't open the lock right?

The bible brings out how "God is Love", but it also says that Jesus said "you will know my disciples if they have love amoung themselves."

The key remember, exactly fits. Has to have those cuts and grooves.

What is the only religion that truly has followers throughout the whole world that love everyone? That won't go to arms? Who wont fight retaliate if getting slandered? The only ones that don't do it for the money, power or fame? Who are the ones that strive the most to follow the bible explicitly?....

This is my card, my Ace.... saved it for the end...

What is the only religion that truly has followers throughout the whole world that love everyone? That won't go to arms? Who wont fight retaliate if getting slandered? The only ones that don't do it for the money, power or fame?

Flower Power, the hippies? :D

What is the only religion that truly has followers throughout the whole world that love everyone? That won't go to arms? Who wont fight retaliate if getting slandered? The only ones that don't do it for the money, power or fame?

Flower Power, the hippies? :D

You beat me on this one Doc, i was just thinking the same....

"And the question is how can we find the true religion?"

Let's start by dropping religion and see where we are going....

"I think man people have the misconception that god doesnt want to have anything to do with our lives. But in fact he does. The thing is we need to fnd out what we need to do in order to make our lives in harmony with his will. Not our own. "

Allow me to disagree here.....pleeaase :blink:

Religion is the invention of mankind, It is the division of faith in Jesus. More people have died at the hands of tyranical religious zealots. :(

Don't fool yourself by subscribing to any specific religion, None are completely correct yet some say they are and condemn others for different beliefs.

For the believers here (in this computer storage forum ;) ) Jesus is the only way, not jim jones, or halebop comet, or wacko texas, ect....ect....ect.... :wacko:

Your right religion is an invention of mankind. Although the fact still remains the bible holds out a way of life, not a religion. I used religion becuase thats how you denote a difference in peoples beliefs.

And actually, dont you think that God is love, having one bible, one source of knowledge. For him to setup a religion or a way of life meaning an organized way to learn about him and what his requirements are for us. That it would be a loving and reasonable thing to do. Since how are we suppose to show god our thanks for giving his son by just reading the bible. Remember "faith without works is dead." This is sorta where mankinds religions have an "idea" of what to do, but the rest of what they do has no harmony with the bible. Most of the time religions are very close to doing all that they should but miss at least one point.

But also we have to remember to give God, real name YHWH or Jehovah in modern english transliterated, the attention he deserves. Although Jesus gave his life as a propitiatory sacrifice for all mankind, it Jehovah God who is the one that gave his son for us, and gives us life.

So we have to remember that key. The key to being a disciple of Jesus is love. Love motivates us to tell people of what we have learned, and also as Jesus commissioned us to do, preach and teach people throughout the earth.

False religion has Satan behind it. Remember he has come to the earth to mislead the nations and the people. This is where the divisions come in about Jesus and death at the hands of tyrannical religious zealots. But for false religion, not true. Whoever professed to worship god in truth and has killed someone? Many religions in the world. So that should tell you something if you are searching for the truth. If someone even professes to be christian the bible brings out how we should love our neighbor, no matter who they are becuase we should be impartial just as god is impartial. So by loving our neighbor no matter who it is, should we kill anyone? So nevermind that the bible says killing is wrong.

By god using a true religion everything becomes organized. Since the bible brings out how god is a god of order it would only make since he doesnt just have a whole bunch of people that just believe in Christ and have the bible to read every so often. Since its organized everyone is teaching and preaching about the same thing. Unlike many organized religions that don't have any order and most of the time teach totally different things even though they have the same "title". But a true religion teaches the same thing throughout the whole earth.

I think the pro-truth fans arent replying as much becuase we have lives that don't surround the internet ;)

I think the pro-truth fans arent replying as much becuase we have lives that don't surround the internet  ;)

This is true :P I was just searching for some info on a Maxtor Hard drive and ran across this topic, and felt compelled to put my 2cents in.

I am non-denominational and will remain that way untill proven otherwise, Nobody is completly correct or wrong, therefore in my daily life I just ask myself "what would Jesus do?"..

The true church starts in the heart, we all have it. The organized church does a lot of good for the community and also helps build up the true church in most of us..but they have a tendancy to stray towards beliefs that benefit them "$$$" and loose the true meaning as to why they organized in the first place. I generally don't discuss religious beliefs much because they tend to become arguments and arguments are actually "war with words".

Anyways, 10.000 rpm verses 7200 rpm?...... 8mg cache? <~~Is there really any benefit?

"And actually, dont you think that God is love".

Do you realize how many people get killed by men who believe......

So no, i don't think god is love.

Just becuase Men are imperfect and do wrong does that mean god is imperfect or unloving? Also god gives us free will to do what we want... that includes serving him or not... believing in his reality or not...

Also the bible brings out that at the conclusion of this system of things all will know that he is Jehovah, the protector and rewarder of those serving him in TRUTH....

Okay... let's put it this way.... let's say you were fixing your car.... changing out the I dunno... knock sensor...

and lets say you have the manual...

So you get in there and start to try and find it and take it out...

Hours later to no avail... but without fixing it your car will fail to run in a couple of days... and you know that... you've been warned about it....

So you call up a mechanic you find in the phone book and drive over there hoping he can help you put it in... but the problem is he doesnt know how to fix it and on top of that he trys to sell you something else that isnt wrong... so unknowingly you go okay sure...

Then the next day you go to another mechanic and have him to fix it... so you go and he says yeah sure... and so you leave it with him for a couple hours and come back and its still not fixed in fact your car is worse then when it started....

So your getting upset and are just feeling like giving up becuase of all the stupidity and idiocy that you can planly see...

And so do you conclude, eh if I can't fix it and they can't fix it.... I'll just leave it alone and maybe it'll fix itself or maybe the car will just die... so what huh... I dont need to get anywhere.... i'll just stay at home and veg and have no LIFE.... but in reality your car WILL die... no if and or buts if you dont do anything about it... wont you search and search for a good mechanic... ask around... even if it costs more money then usual... wont you do it to get it done and get it done right!

IN the same way your life is like that car... you've gone to religions and they haven't had the things that they should have or do what they profess they do... and you've turned out hating it because of the lies... and you figure.. well im a good guy, dont kill nobody, dont steal or nothing... i'll just believe in jesus and everything will be fine... but in reality, really, why let these bad experiences make you not want to keep searching for truth... and find people that have the same faith... in truth... if you truly want truth truth... why stop searching for it? Why just say oh well...?

Doesnt make any sense to me... nor if you really think about it... it wont to you either...

By saying no body is right or wrong... .means you believe? ... its like grey... really no color... I just don't understand how you can believe there is no right or wrong? Remember what Jesus said... with water that is warm or water that is cold at least he knows where they stand... he said that with lukewarm water he will spit them out in disgust because of neither being cold nor hot... I dunno about u but I dont want to be spit out by Jesus, being lukewarm in my beliefs.... eh maybe this or maybe that...

Have to remember with god your either on his side or not... your either his enemy or his friend... why even have a remote chance of not being on his side...?

The bible has is no way said that a church is inside of our hearts.... started or originated... sorry to say... its not biblically sound... search for yourself...

Please... Read the bible instead of taking mans word for it or just adhering to traditions of men... thats what lays a snare as the bible says...

See everyone has a comment... obviously doesnt mean everyone is right... the bible is truth... its up to us to base our beliefs on its truths...

OH and to the hard drive question... 10k hd drive is good if you can get it... and 8mb cache does help believe it or not in file copying and also boot time too...

Of course you can disagree... but... can you explain?

Becuase the bible brings out how he is interested in our lives... but how many people actually try and find out what he wants of us? How many people actually do what they are suppose to?

"Of course you can disagree... but... can you explain?"

How many do i need to say this again?

There is no god, no allah. It is just in your mind. But if you feel better with this then please continue to believe.

Yeah but whats the proof?....

there is no proof that god does not exist....

From a scientific perspective, you need to prove the existence of something, not that it doesn't exist.

Well your saying he doesnt exist, so scientifically you have to prove that he doesnt exist...

How can if you say something doesnt exist prove that he does? that doesnt make any sense...

What I can't figure out is why some "scientific" people, and others for that matter, dont believe that there is a god...

Really... just throw religion out the window for now...

Prove that god doesnt exist....

Basically its this much...

If you came upon a house in the woods. Would you conclude that the house got there by some freak accident, or just by chance. That all the wood, tile, carpet, flooring, plumbing, electricity, etc. just somehow came together and made a well designed house?

Any LOGICAL or REASONING person would conclude that the house was made by someone. And intelligent creator to design and actually implement his thoughts into reality.

Same thing with life. How can a person conclude that it just happened. As a scientist or one who "claims" to be so, no doubt he/she should be able to see the beauty and intricacy that is in each living organism.

Even more so the most intelligent minds can't even recreate a mouse's brain. It's been estimated that that little brain is far superior then the fastest supercomputer in the world. So how can chance create it, with no thought or design or invention or reason to do so in mind? No mind to speak of actually. How do we have reason, thought, design, science, math... religion, govenment... love? Could that have happened by chance?

IMPOSSIBLE...

It is undoubtedly impossible for everything to have been made by chance. Any truly logical or reasoning person can see this.

You dont need a "theory" to prove that a human is a well designed machine... Every part is integral to the harmony of its being. Parts of our body support each other, this indeed keeps us living. Without the tolerences and exactness put forth in our bodies, safe to say, we woudn't have even been born.

Prove god doesnt exist. I would like to know how everything came about. Without theory.

well, a logical person would also have to believe that something created god. if we're dealing with abstractions on the level of 'god always existed and always will', one could just as easily say the same about matter and life itself.

i'm not really taking a side on this. i don't think that the 'god doesn't exist because you can't prove it' or the 'intelligent creator' bits hold any water.

all those people of the past (who gave us math, astronomy, accurate star maps, good food, and buildings that lasted the test of time) believed in some kind of diety/dieties

are all those people, who's information we still use and cherish, wrong?

did they ALL make it up?

I mean come on, may be 10 or 20, but 100/200?

there are many things we have forgotten, somethings in history and life cannot be expalined

if our mentality evolved we might have a chance for understanding

Of course you probably think that you werent born... hehe... j/k...

See how stupid it is?

But seriously. I am trying to figure out why our measly little brains can't understand about creation.

We do it all the time. Make things. Just like a computer... See mine.. well it was built by itself. Absurd! Called BS on me right?

See how stupid it is?

God does exist because we can prove it. Already have. I have yet to read a fact showing that there is no god.

The bible does bring out how GOD is obviously all mighty and all powerful, but also he is the Alpha and the Omega... And I know people here arent stupid so I wont go into explaining that.

Think of it like time. It neither has an ending or a beginning. Yet we have it on our desks. It keeps going, never stopping or ending or starting. Hmm... reminds me of someone.... hmmm..... Time is pretty much perfect. We can count it. Add it.

I think one of the main reasons mankind doesnt want to believe that there is a god or claims there is not is that they do not want a higer power or being that is over them, that has a say over their lives. Yes we have free will, true. But mankind is suppose to follow someone. Why do you think mankind has governments. God is who as humans we are to turn to.

Man doesnt want "god" to rule over them. They want to live their own lives the way they want immoral or not. They dont want to answer to him of they've done something he thinks is wrong.

I mean really how many people do you think have sex without marriage and actually read the bible often and follow its guidelines... and really regularly as in more then once a month or ever...? I am talking about more then twice a week... Just reading the bible.

I am pretty much certain that just about none of them do, or if so very few.

As was brought out before there are men and religions that do things that arent right. Like promoting homosexuality, divorce, killing, politics. Even though the bible planly states all of those are wrong. But see you'd have to be reading the bible to figure out that these religions arent, obviously, true to the word of god. Good for nothing really, good for turning people away from the bible. Like many here.

ahh well... later

well, a logical person would also have to believe that something created god.  if we're dealing with abstractions on the level of 'god always existed and always will', one could just as easily say the same about matter and life itself.

furthermore, if you had been reading you may notice that i have never seeked to prove or disprove god; i think the entire idea of that is silly.