Here's my question,
I'm a photographer that will be on a long assignment (1+ years) and need to secure my images.
I'm considering buying a Single enclosure that can hold 2 2.5" drives and using them as Security/Backup to each other.
My plan is to copy my flash drive directly to both drives (no human intervention in selecting each drive).
I need recommendations.
Requirements to me:
* Copy my images one time and lands on both drives
* Powered by USB
* Weight of the unit -- I'll be traveling, backpacking, flying and I can't manage much weight (considering all my camera equipment)
* Drive capacity -- I'll want the largest drives I can manage
* I'll be using a Mac Air
* Carrying a 50mp camera
* Photo shopping along the way (typical file sizes are 2gb)
* Hand carrying ALL my camera / storage solution onto the plane
Thanks for your help
OH - one last thing
I'd love to use cloud storage but I don't believe I can trust the strength of the network or connection wherever I'll be.