Your risk of a bad drive being caused by any flourescent lighting, or any magnetic field, is zero. Consider how the drive motor is replete with magnets, right next to the platers.... OMG! What about those drive magnets??? Now if lightning crossed from a light assembly to the drive it would likely be ruined, but other than that, nada. I suppose you could get inducted noise from an ac light system into a running computer and corrupt data that way, if the light was close enough. You can certainly get ac noise from lighting into cat5 cable if the two are close enough, as it's unshielded. Cat6, being shielded, was made to counteract this.