• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About seagate_surfer

  • Rank

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Location
    Cupertino, CA
  1. Here is a link to the official press release, and a prototype image of the 64TB SSD if anybody would like to check it out.
  2. Thank you for pointing this out to us! We value feedback like this, which will be taken into consideration towards future product development. Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team
  3. Hey, Adrian. This is the Official Seagate Forums Team. We noticed you are not sure whether to buy a hard disk drive or a solid-state drive in order to upgrade your system performance. One benefit of a Solid State Hybrid Drive is that it will, in some ways, combine the best of both worlds between a standard spinning hard disk drive and a flash solid state drive, at a more friendly price point. SSHDs have a SSD cache, usually somewhere in the area of 8GB, it learns what files and information are accessed by you more frequently, and places them in the SSD cache so that these load up faster and give you better performance, but at a more affordable price because the whole disk is not solid-state. This seems like a good compromise of the different factors you're looking for here. Seagate FireCuda SSHDs may be something to look into here. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications BarraCuda Drives for PC and Gaming
  4. Hi, amp323. This is the official Seagate Forums Team. In the end, it will be up to you to decide which product best fits your needs, considerations, and price point, but we would like to offer some input on your questions regarding whether a NAS product or surveillance product would be better for your use case. You mentioned that one of the main uses for your drive which you are replacing is going to be for DVR use/storage. The primary benefit of a surveillance drive such as Seagate's SkyHawk series, for example, is that it is built and optimized for constantly writing, if you are going to be doing something along the lines of recording roughly 90% of the time and playing back video the other 10%, this is what these type of drives excel at. A NAS drive on the other hand, such as Seagate's IronWolf series, is optimized for high performance in environments where it is important that information be readily accessible as quickly as possible, such as in a cloud environment or a home network in a NAS storage solution so that multiple users/devices can have quick, reliable access to centralized information. It is optimized to be constantly up and running at a moment's notice, and to be used in RAID boxes. If you would like more in-depth information on this, feel free to visit: Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team