Hard drive recovery services

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cool J

Cool J

• 21 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 06:16 PM

MY Western Digital 1000BB is biting the dust. I bought a new 180GXP so i could back up the data but it ends up that that drive is not working correctly either and i'll have to return it. anyways, i was trying to transfer data and it keeps on giving me these writing delayed errors in windows and then it locks up. i reboot and the partition i was copying is gone. the 2 other partitions are still there and i can see the info but get errors trying to copy. I have about 50 gigs of info i need to get. the most important are my mp3's which is about 15 gigs and 2300 songs. How much do places charge to recover data and has anyone had it done?

#2 ddrueding

ddrueding

Posted 02 April 2003 - 07:13 PM

Way too much, hundreds to thousands......

I'd reccomend using Norton Ghost, have it do a disk-to-disk copy and set it to ignore any errors. You may get some, you might not....but it's the best reasonably affordable option IMHO.

#3 honold

honold

• 6,247 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 10:53 PM

keep the drive powered off and do not use it in any way, then try to image it with something that can ignore bad sectors like ghost

recovery options will cost you an arm and a leg :( you could look into ontrack software solutions.
silhouettes and shadows
watch the revolution
no more free steps to heaven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users