Cannot access hard drive files and folders for RAW file system

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Camilleyt84

Camilleyt84

• 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

Dont know whats going on with my Samsung hard drive! Every time when I plunge it to computer and trying to open it there, a message would pop out and ask me to format at first. It was displayed as RAW file system, not previous NTFS. But, I have remained many files and folders on this drive and the formatting process will also erase them, right? How can I access my stuffs without formatting? Thank you in advance!

#2 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

Is this a portable drive?

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#3 Amaristo7

Amaristo7

• 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

Hey, Camilley! After reading your post, I have thought about my USB flash drive data recovery problems. At that time, all my USB flash drive files and folders were also inaccessible for RAW file system. But, most of them were really precious for me. So, I had not formatted this flash drive immediately. But, in order to view them again, I had tried a lot of ways recommended online. Fortunately, with the guidance of threads and article, I finally rescued all wanted drive stuffs back.

Therefore, if you really have no luck to get your stuffs back, this article may also give you some clues:

raw-file-system.blogspot.com/2013/02/raw-drive-recovery.html

But, if that also makes no difference, some experts may help.

Note: Do not forget to format this drive to fix this RAW file system problem after data recovery. 

#4 FastMHz

FastMHz

• 403 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

This happens when the partition table is corrupted or erased.

TESTDISK (freeware) may be able to recover the table, so that you can then copy all of your data off and re-format the drive.

Production: Vishera 8350/32gb RAM/Dual SSD/VelociRaptor/Radeon 7750
Gaming: Phenom II 955/16gb RAM/SSD/VelociRaptor/Radeon 7950
Retro: K6-2 550/256mb RAM/160gb HDD/CompactFlash/3DFX/ATI AIW Pro/SB16/DB50XG
http://www.fastmhz.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users