What SSD to choose for gaming

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Slavomir

Slavomir

• 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

Hello guys i was thinking lately about purchasing an SSD but i dont own any SSD yet so i dont really know which SSD to choose and what to look for when choosing an SSD.

Thank you for your comments and feedback is greatly appreciated.

SSDs i think about buying:1, http://www.amazon.co...K/dp/B0057QETGS

2, http://www.amazon.co...S/dp/B00EENTYFQ

#2 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

What's the budget? I'd start by not buying either one of those drives and look at the Samsung EVO and Crucial MX100 if you're tight on cash. Those are both very good and especially good at gaming. With the Samsung you can also use their software to create a RAM disk which is pretty fun. 

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#3 Slavomir

Slavomir

• 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

Budget is 110 dollars need something fast and reliable that can last quite a long time.

#4 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

Go with either of the two I recommended then. 240GB should be near your budget. 

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#5 [ETA]MrSpadge

[ETA]MrSpadge

• 764 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

At the current prices the Crucial MX100 is a default win for every scenario besides servers and people whos income relies on extremely fast storage. Even the 240 GB model should fit your budget. And if you compare its performance to other 120 GB drives then it's very competitiive or even superior (depending on the alternative, of course).

MrS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users