• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,309 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

The Netgear ReadyDATA 516 is a 6-bay desktop form factor NAS that leverages ZFS to deliver a surprising number of features to the small NAS category. Some of these include features like replication, cloud support, thin provisioning and integration with virtualization platforms but the ReadyDATA 516 also does something unique in the space by offering both a read and write cache option via optional SSDs. In total the ReadyDATA 516 provides SMBs, branch offices and remote offices with an easy to deploy NAS solution that brings many enterprise-grade features to the masses.

Netgear ReadyDATA 516 Review

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#2 housewares

housewares

• 67 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

This ReadyData OS is licensed from Nexenta (illumos base), right

#3 nasq

nasq

• 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:07 PM

How come the write performance came to over 400MB on a two Giga LAN ports unit? There must be something wrong, isn't it? Or I did not get the whole story from this?

#4 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

Double checking the data we collected now. Looks like there is a doubling error with one of our parsing scripts... the raw data is correct, our graph data from it is not. I'm going to fix the script update that chart. Appears to have affected sequential data only.

#5 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

Spotted the problem... my script doesnt have a super complicated parsing mechanism. It was looking for "read" and "write" as something in the output and I literally had the filenames include readydata which caused it to pull in a random variable to add into each of the calculations for bandwidth. I'm going to rename the output files and reparse all the data to make sure its 100% correct. So far it doesn't look like anything but bandwidth figures from the sequential workloads were affected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users