• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin OBrien

Kevin OBrien

StorageReview Editor

• Admin
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

OCZ has filed for bankruptcy announcing that Toshiba plans on acquiring their storage assets within the next 60 days for roughly $35 million. We had an opportunity to speak at length with OCZ on their current and future plans to gain insight on what's to be expected. The prognosis for customers hasn't changed, OCZ has no plans to stop selling consumer or enterprise SSD hardware or software solutions in channel, and most importantly warranty support in this interim period remains the same.

OCZ Files For Bankrupcy, Assets to be Acquired by Toshiba

#2 Darking

Darking

• 236 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

In my mind, there is no doubt that will happend to more SSD manufactors over the next few years. I recon only the nand producers will end up beeing able to carve the market between them.

What We Do in Life Echoes in Eternity.

#3 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 4,742 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

That's where most of the pricing advantage comes, so your theory makes quite a bit of sense. 

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#4 ChrisMcPole

ChrisMcPole

• 121 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

I told you we all know how this ends -_-

My wild guess - brand killed by mid 2014, same as Seagate /Smasung deal. With all negative publicity, OCZ brand has no value to Toshiba whatsoever.

#5 compwizrd

compwizrd

• 407 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

I have a small stack of Vertex 2's and 3's on my desk.  Can't use them even in multi-drive Raid1 because we can't trust them to not just stop working.  Feels wrong to throw them out especially when some are in warranty still(i think)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users