samsung RMA experience

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ssdpro

ssdpro

• 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

I have owned a lot of different SSD from Intel, OCZ, and Samsung. A couple weeks ago I experienced my 2nd failure, this time a Sammy 250GB 840 EVO.  I have never RMA anything with Samsung before and am unsure how long it should take.  My drive has been away for over two weeks and I haven't heard anything just confirmation it was received.  I asked a rep and was told it can take up to 21 days. Anyone else have an experience so I know what to expect?   

#2 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

That's unfortunate, I prefer the old days when HDD companies would ship you a replacement right away with a credit card hold. Personally I think 21 days is pretty poor.

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#3 ssdpro

ssdpro

• 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Some companies offer advanced, I know WD does, seagate does, OCZ does, Corsair does... But Samsung refused. Really the service in general really sucked. The model doesn't even appear in their drop down list so I had to enter a different product and add notes. I asked the same question in another forum and was told 21 days isn't unusual if stock is low.

#4 Brian

Brian

SR Admin

• Admin
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Given Samsung's position in the space I'd think they would take service more seriously. It's a bit sad they don't. 

Brian

Publisher- StorageReview.com
Twitter - @StorageReview

#5 dietrc70

dietrc70

• 106 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Odd.  I had two Samsung SSD failures, one just a month ago.  In the first case, a new 830 was shipped second day air almost as soon as Samsung received my failed drive.  In the last case, Samsung literally shipped a new 840 Pro the *instant* they received tracking info from my RMA--and they used Fedex Next-day Air morning delivery!

Maybe the 5 year warranty drive owners get VIP service.

Edited by dietrc70, 26 October 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#6 ssdpro

ssdpro

• 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

I think I finally got something happening.  I called today and was told the replacement would ship at the latest tomorrow.  A refurb replacement for a 2 month old drive :( 

#7 Scour

Scour

• 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

Maybe it depends on teh country, may experience with Samsung HDDs are very bad, took 5-7 weeks. Now Seagate ist the supporter for Samsung-HDDs, it don´t took one week

One reason why I now stay away from Samsung-components.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users