Photo

SATA III Hds to SATA II RAID controller Itīpossible?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jamoncito

Jamoncito

• 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hi!!
I need to configure a RAID 1 in a Intel S5520HC moterboard that in theory donīt support SATA III (Just SATA II)
This Motherboard have and internal SATA RAID controller.
My problem is that in my city itīs impossible to find SATA II HDs, so I have to buy 2 SATA III news HDs to configure the RAID 1 in the internal SATA RAID controller of my Intel S5520HC moterboard.

The manual of the S5520HC mother board sais as follows:

'The IntelŪ Server Board S5520HC provide an embedded SATA controller that supports both 1.5

Gbps and 3.0 Gbps data transfer rates.'

I know that i can contect a SATA III HD to a SATA II motherboard lossing velocity,
but I donīt know if the internal SATA RAID controller of the Intel S5520HC moterboard will let me configure the RAID 1 with SATA III HDs or not.

In the Intel S5520HC moterboard documentation, they guaranty the use of just some specifics SATA III HDs but I canīt find in my city.

Do you know if the internal SATA RAID controller of the Intel S5520HC moterboard that in teory just support SATA II will work wiht SATA III HDs?
I whant to but two Seagate ST500DM002 Internals HDs (SATA III)

Thanks!!!

Thans so much!!

#2 Slade

Slade

• 17 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

SATA II and III are both forward and backward compatible, both the drives and the controller ports.

#3 Jamoncito

Jamoncito

• 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users